Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TEXANS - North Padre Beach Run, October 2001

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by txbartman, Jun 21, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I am looking at going down to North Padre Island this Fall with the family for a nice relaxing long weekend away from Big D. It's a simple run, no hardcore off-roading. Most of North Padre Island south of Corpus Christi is National Seashore and 4x4 only. About 60 miles of nice beach and dunes. Can't drive on the dunes, though. Went there with a 4by about 13 years ago, wanted to relax with my family down there like I did as a kid. Anyone interested? Probably be something where leave Big D on a Thursday after work, spend the night around San Marcos, and arrive at the island Friday noon. Stay til Sunday. Interested?

85 GMC Jimmy, 305 w/TH700-NP208, 32X11.5 BFG ATs, 15x10 Eagles, Smittybuilt tube nerf bars and bumbers

2. Z_Man

Z_Man Registered Member

Hey Guy,
    I grew up in Corpus and have fond memories of 4 wheeling on the beach. It's been about 20 years since I've been but it's one of the reasons I got a K5 again recently. Wish I could go with you, but I'm planing on going around Labor day myself. Figure I'll go down to the valley to do some dove hunting and take a stoll down the beach on the way back. Too bad about the Mansfied cut or I'd go the whole way on the beach. :) Any have fun!

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Count me in... I love Corpus..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

keep me posted I may try to get away from lubbock for some fun like that. so count me as a maybe

Like em big and topless

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yo guys! I live in corpus! Can somone PM me about this run?? I have bunch of friends w/ K5's atleast 5 i can think of. and 2 w/ broncos (phht) lol.
    There are a couple muddin spots in CC and we've bene having foul weather (perfect for me and for fellow mudders) Its been raining constantly and is super muddy everywhere!!
    So PM me.

87 k5, 6inch lift, 35" BFG mud terrains.
    Future Mods: KN, Flowmasters, all spring, 14bolt (FF)

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ohh btw... theres a place called Big Shell, that everyone w/ 4x4 goes to and camps out at, you can fish/surf/body board , or just chill. You go all the way down JFK cuaseway till it ends and then drive on the beach 25mi and thats it. Real soft loose sand, It's awesome. Its usually best to go low tide and drive where the water usually is during hightide, thats the hardest sand. Or just drive w/ 4 HI in the loose sand the whole way =D
    So PM me.

87 k5, 6inch lift, 35" BFG mud terrains.
    Future Mods: KN, Flowmasters, all spring, 14bolt (FF)