Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Texans SUCK!

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by laketex, Jan 28, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Illinois is where it's at........

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(if you can get past the cold, the yankees, and the way expensive cost of living!) But other than that it's all good up here! Miss yall guys! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

EAT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif so can we call you a yankee?????????

jacob

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

hey dude, hope you are having fun up there, get everything just about swapped yet, be sure and post some new pics of the new cap'n /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

....and one time in Chicago, I remember dustin' 8 Inches of Partly Cloudy off the truck... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

shouldn't you be lakemich or something now?

You forgot to mention rust too...

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Sure was nice today here in Texas, I was able to wear shorts while working in the garage this afternoon. Still 63 at 8:30pm, has it reached above 30 degrees yet? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Hope things are going well for you so far /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

jackass....

It was a balmy 33 today....first time it's been above freezing since we got here. We've learned a few important lessons about cold country.

1) There are 2 different grades of winshield washer fluid. The Texas stuff and the Yankee stuff. If you're in Yankee land, get the Yankee stuff. Texas stuff will freeze in the tank and believe me you need wiper fluid!

2) Those POS winshield wipers that you've been too damn lazy to replace in Texas just wont cut it in Ill, especially with frozen wiper fluid.

3) Road salt is nice for traction but black cars seldom look black.

4) Snow falls in quantities over 1/2" at a time. Work is NOT canceled for anything under 10 inches.

5) 0 degrees feels about like -300 degrees.

6) A carhart jacket is NOT a winter coat.

7) Snowblowers, Tubes of sand, Ice Augers, WTF???

8) 4x4s are actually sold off the dealership lot with snow plows outfitted.

9) I can get one for my K5 for about $2K

10) And last but not least. Met a great ck5er up here that is a man and a half, working in his driveway in 4 degree weather. Has helped me already with a ton, and is opening a can of worms being my friend! Yet, I will be back to Texas. This company is ok, but they sort of fed me a line of bull on the responsibilities. Expect to see me back in warmer country a hell of a lot tougher in 3-5 years!

9. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

WHERE IN THE HELL ARE U...IT WAS HOW COLD...THIS IS TEXAS...WHERE WE HAVE RANCHES BIGGER THAN THE STATE OF WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE..IT GOING TO BE 75D TODAY...THIS IS THE GREAT PLACE ON THE PLANET..WE HAVE MTNS IN THE WEST, THE WOODS IN THE EAST, BEACHES IN THE SOUTH...THIS IS WHERE IT IS AT....WE SHOULD STAYED A COUNTRY...

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    LAKEYANKEE COME HOME....

10. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

LakeYankee
    If you think the north is where its at your brain must have frozen. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Are you having fun yet ?

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

12. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif yankee fluid rocks! have you done any bumper ridding yet? snowball fights?ice fishing?hunted deer bigger then your dog?ah this is great /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    STAY WARM /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifpost pics of the snow.

13. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Lakeyank..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

So riddle me this... if all you Texans think you are so tough, how many are showing up for the Midwest K5 Thing event at the SuperLift ORV park in Hot Springs Arkansas, April 11th-13th? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Why not bring out the big rigs of Texas, and see what you guys have against us "yankees!" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

If you can make it, sign up HERE! Check out Mudzer's Site for more details.

-Dan

15. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. KRAZIE87K5

Does that mean you are in? Its just one weekend... how bad can us yankees really be? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That, and you can find out how badly we've already ruined Bryan! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

17. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hell we'll let you keep him. We may even pay you to keep him. I won't be there due to my truck being all over the place. The buggy project is taking a little time and I'am moving real slow. SORRY but feel free to come to redneckville and wheel with us any time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. KRAZIE87K5

Well man, you know I HAD to offer! :-p Thanks for the reply! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

-Dan

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Jackass! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

20. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Damm it took you that long to come up with a sorry come back like that. Ok here you go
    "YOU WHEEL LIKE A GIRL!!!!!!!!!"
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif