Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TEXAS: Big Bend

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by gtstompin, Jun 24, 2000.

1. gtstompin

gtstompin Registered Member

I've planned a trip to Big Bend National Park starting July 14. Mainly some friends and family but I want to send an invite to anyone in the area. Beer and Food is covered. That's right...covered. We currently have three vehicles and like everyone knows, more is better. I've already talked to Big Bend Officials and the off-roading is okay. Email me at gtstompin@aol.com for more info. Laterz....

2. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

Tempting offer... very tempting.
    I went to Big Bend about 2 years ago in my '79 Jimmy and had a blast, really beautiful area. The trails I found(Black Gap was one of them) are not too challenging but I know there are better ones. Still they were very much worth it and if it rains they should be very challenging.
    If I remember correctly there are some excellent trails near the Longhorn Ranch Motel 915-371-2541
    Fax 915-371-2540, in Hwy 118 about 14 miles North of Study Butte. I've never tried them but have heard about and seen pictures with some good carnage/pucker factor.
    Also check out http://www.bigbendguide.com/ they do guide service in Big Bend, and may also be able to tell you about trails.

Enjoy the trip, it will be very much worth it.
    Good luck

Javier
    BTW Around where do you live?

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If I didn't have sh!t to do, I'd go. But man, that's a long way from Austin, with no a/c.

[​IMG]YEEEE HAWWWW[​IMG]

4. bangdow

bangdow Registered Member

Man I hate that my K5 is in the shop. I decided it was finally time to quit tempting fate and make her street legal. You know blinkers, horn emissions. YUK! Sounds like a great trip. I don't know if I could take the 8- 10 hour drive from H-town without A/C. HAVE FUN!!!

eat, sleep and breathe MUD!!!

BANG-DOW!