Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Texas guys, i need 14bolt diff help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Sep 5, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

i have a 77 blazer with the stock 12 bolt rear and 10 bolt front. I think i have 3.08 gears. Im running 35's somy truck is very slow and i know my axles cant handle it. I want to put 14 bolt in the back and maybe a dana 44 or dana 60 up front. What all will i need to buy from a junk yard? and who should i take it to to install it? What will the grand total look like for parts and labor? I really dont want to just replace the gears in my existing...bc id like to run 37's some day. Thanks

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Sounds like you'd be ok with a 14bff and a Dana 44, both out of a 3/4 ton truck. An axle combo like this isn't that expensive, you can find them listed in the for sale section quite often. If you find axles out of a 3/4 ton, it will be a bolt in deal and you could probably pull the install off yourself.