Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Texas Run update and Pix

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by White Knight, Apr 9, 2000.

1. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Definite on the 29 and 30 of April, in Benbrook Texas.will post maps to the area next week and will issue aerial trail maps to everyone who shows.
    Hotels within 1/2 mile of trails, fast food and sit down resturants close by also, Auto Zone and Four wheel performance parts stores within 5 miles of trails for the oh ohs that happen.
    I hope to keep all alcholic beverages off the trails if possible, that last thing we need is a "beer induced YA'LL WATCH THIS" incident happing. There will be motorcycles that run "balls to the walls" throught the area and we need to watch for them in certain areas.
    This is also a disclaimer on my part of liablity or responsiblity for all that show up, its basically a run what ya brung and enjoy at your own risk run, the area is 3/4 in Ft Worth city Limits and the Police don't care about it, and the 1/4 in Benbrook they don't like people going in through their City Limits, so we'll enter in Ft Worths side and exit same.
    Expect heavy mud if it rains within 3 days of the run, and if it rains that day, well lets just say the expression of "Got Mud" sums it up. There is rock hills, dirt hills, miles of trails and a creek and pond to play in, there is some tough areas and novice areas as well.
    I touted this as a Blazer run but its open to all who enjoy responsible off-roading, by this I mean we'll go out to have fun and enjoy ourselves but not at the expense of the land or each other.
    So ya'll come and stay awhile, camping aviable in my front yard, or you could sleep in your rigs I don't care, there is nice Hotels close by,If anyone has specific questions which haven't been addressed feel free to contact me at makimberlin@hotmail.com..

White Knight
    Happy trails to you

2. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

Re: Texas Run update

White Knight, I'm going to pass this message on to the tx4x4 mailing list, there are some blazer owners, plus of course jeeps and a bit of everything. Generally a good bunch of people. Of course if it's alright with you.

I'm not familiar with Benbrook, so I guess I'll wait for your more specific directions and times as you post them.

This should make for a great run, thanks for putting it together.

Javier

3. White Knight

hey the more the merrier, like I said earlier...just relay the message about keeping the alcohol out of the area, if possible....and relay the disclaimer spelled out in the message above...see ya there..WK

4. Javier Gras

Alright, I'm just going to copy and paste your entire message, with a bit of a preface of my own.

Javier

5. White Knight

[​IMG] <font color=red>I've experienced troubles attaching a file of the maps</font color=red>, if you're interested email me and I send a email with a attached map file to your address, thanks for all the people whom have expressed interest in coming, and again I want everyone to know that to date as long as the Ft Worth enter and exits are followed we've not experienced any trouble, <font color=red>I just want everyone to understand that this isn't public land, however it is NOT posted,</font color=red> and the only people that I know of whom have experienced trouble have gone in and or out through Benbrook areas, tracking up the parking lots of private businesses and the Police [​IMG] have cracked down on it, which I can't blame them, its inconsiderant of 4x4 ers to track mud through these parking lots. If you have any guestions feel free to email me at makimberlin@hotmail.com [​IMG] ...White Knight

6. White Knight

<font color=red> Okay try this again, on the maps, I've scaled them down somewhat</font color=red>...Meeting time will be 12:00 noon on the 29 th of April my house, if you're late I'll leave bodies at the house to show you the way in. There is 3 maps, one, of the Ft Worth area, two, of the Benbrook area and my house, three, my house and the area....WK

7. White Knight

<font color=green> damn computers and I don't get along</font color=green> map 1 enclosed..WK

8. White Knight

<font color=blue> down for the count the computer won! </font color=blue> Map 2 enclosed..WK [​IMG]

9. White Knight

<font color=red> whew would've taken a ass-kicking to going through that again</font color=red> I've got both boot heels dug in and they still dragged me into the 21 century! Kicking and screaming the whole way!!![​IMG]...White Knight

10. White Knight

Well everybody have their travel plans done? We will have a couple of vehicles with VHS cameras and 35 mm doing still shots active during the run....also I <font color=red>WILL</font color=red> be attending Church Sunday Morning everybody is welcome, it would be cool[​IMG] to have the parking Lot at the United Methodist Church full of Jacked up trucks all leaking mud on the ground...I'll clean it up later actually I'll con Big B 4x4 into doing it, He has his own businees doing just that!!![​IMG]If anybody has any last minute guestions fell free to email me...White Knight

11. White Knight

One more map..WK

12. Javier Gras

13. White Knight

<font color=red>TODAY my friends</font color=red> be there, have fun, see ya'll there.......[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=green>Happy trails to you</font color=green>

14. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good time Brother.I hope you have a heckuva' lotta'fun.I hope it rained for 3 days straight...mud= FUN!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. White Knight

Well not many trucks showed, but we had a b#tt-load of folks in all the trucks there, ran for 12 hours into the night even, had it all mud, trails, and hills, pizza and beer (back at the Knights House) Stuck Big B4x4 in (it looked dry) mud..see attached...dummy Me tryed the same line with less lift and guess what......same results see attached, but on the rock hills the lit'l Knight really shined, just a little above idle and climbed them all, even the ones the other trucks couldn't, Everyone who thought about going, you missed a good run...maybe next time Later K5'rs

White Knight

16. White Knight

More Pix..WK

17. White Knight

Still more Pix..WK

18. White Knight

And I'll raise you and call, showing a Pair of Blazers..WK

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

WK...great pics! It really amazed me that there are actually trails like that in the metroplex area. You really set up a good run even if the turnout was a little shy. Hey DALLAS boys, where were ya??? It sure did set me into gear to the the blaze running though. Worked yesterday on it after getting home. And your hospitality was refreshing. Thanks for the couch! Ok, time to work and then wrench. Later on.

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

20. Javier Gras

Good pics White Knight, I'll post the pictures I took as soon as I finish my roll and get it developed. It will probably take a while, I'm not much of a picture taker.

And great run, I appreciate all the effort you put into it.
    Also good meeting all the other Blazer owners and riders [​IMG] (more riders-including me- than owners)

Let's see if I can get my Jimmy's frame straight again.

Take care

Javier