Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Texas Truck Rodeo

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, May 7, 2000.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Time for the second annual Texas Truck Rodeo. This year it will be held in Alto,TX at Shiloh Ridge on Labor Day weekend. There's still a lot of planning to be done but here's what I know so far.

Sign in will be that Friday.
    Events start Sat and end up on Sun. Mon is for grudge matches and trailriding.
    We are pushing pre registration because depending on the numbers might have to limit #of trucks to 200!
    Registration will be $25.00-35.00 for truck and driver, and includes camping for three nights. They do have electricity and water hookups and showers. (not too sure about spectators yet)
    Must wear seat belts or harnesses.
    Helmet required.
    Does not have to be insured,insp., etc.
    4,6,8 cyl classes(open class if needed, nos,blown, alc. etc.)
    sand drags with tree.
    timed sled pull.
    art. ramp
    see-saw
    log crawl
    off road course
    mud bog
    possibly timed relay type race with rider

I will keep info posted as I hear. And find out how to get a registration form.

2. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Figured I would bring this up again. Maybe this time it will be more popular?

entry fee $30.00 for pre register/$35.00 for on-site reg. includes driver's admission&event t-shirt
    for more info contact Scott Eaton=event coordinator
    1-281-256-2788
    1-281-256-2722(fax)
    freebird01@pdq.net

admission:$7.00 per person 8&up(7&under free)
    $10.00 per person 2 day special
    special rates for campers(have to contact shiloh ridge foe that)www.shilohridge.com