Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TEXAS WHEELERS??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by laketex, Apr 2, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

What exactly are our fender laws? Or where would I find that out? I want to hang my front tires totally out of the fenders with a tube front end, and want to know what johnny law is going to think.

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Whatever you find, print it out and stick it in the truck in case you get [censored] over it by ol johnny

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

we have laws in texas/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif--but really, if you find them let me know,. ive been driving around w/ no bed and passed more than a couple of cops, and they havent given me a second look.

4. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Back about 15 years ago when I was in high school it was 3" past the body.
    I am not sure what it is now, but last week I was looking at the Texas Department of Public Saftey site looking for the new inspection requirements, and they did not say anything about tires extending past the fenders, all they talked about was tire tread depth.
    You might want to look it up yourself or call though, and let us all know what you find out.
    DPS - www.txdps.state.tx.us