Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TEXAS

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by DangerB, Feb 17, 2000.

1. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

I live in Dallas and know a couple good places to wheel (360 in Arlington and Frisco) If anybody knows of more I would like to hear of them. Thinking of starting an anti jeep club.....Brett

2. cp87jimmy

cp87jimmy Registered Member

Hey,I live in Frisco. Where the heck are the trails?
    Chris

3. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

They are out by the airport on 4th Army Rd. you have to do some bypassing of corn fields, but the trails are great, they are LEGAL and its kind of a cool scene sometimes. Alot of people go out there. There are also some good, short trails around the creek off of stonebrook. I live in Frisco too, I will be around this weekend working on my BLAZER. I'd be more than happy to show you around. I know these trails better than anybody. Brett 972-849-5915

DangerBrett

life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Hey in case you haven't heard, Ft Worth is fixing to close down 360, land owners are bitchin' and way way to much weirdness out there, they're going out there with horses, bikes,motorcycles, and are issuing tickets and confiscating vehicles that are illegal, all this according to the Star Telegram and the Ft Worth Police Dept, there is other areas in the Colony, Benbrook, and Denton...White Knight CLRR

5. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Knight, ya 360 has been under seige for a while. I havent been there in years. I know the colony trails. Are the ones in Denton off of 380 by the lake lewisville bridge? If not tell me where. And where in Benbrook? Tell me about youre club as well.

DangerBrett

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey Texans,
    I'm not from there but maybe you guy's around that area should join together and do a trail clean up and make a day out of it that would show the oppisition that someone care's. Maybe you guys could form a club and adopt some of the local trails. Just a thought.
    Corey 78K5

7. White Knight

Corey I agree however thats not the problem out there at 360, drugs ,gangs,vandalism, violence is common place out there, its not a very nice place (got some great trails however) one of my wheeling buddies lost his rig there, it broke down, he hiked out to get help (violated number one rule wheeling solo) and by the time he got back, well lets just say it would bring tears to your eyes. For the longest time the Police wouldn't even go in there, well now they're pissed and are gonna close it down...WK

8. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

it was probably a long time ago, but that f'n pisses me off about your buddy's rig. goddamned vultures.
    great. now i'm pissed.

anyway, on my to being a newbie!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

9. White Knight

D9B, it's okay, the "quote" vultures will get there own someday, I hope I see 'em broke down and stranded, drive right on by, well no I won't, nobody deserves that, but you know what I mean, I won't live My Knight anywhere, I'd sleep in it if I had too. And thats one reason one of my assessories is a Llama Mini-Max .45 caliber, with two extra clips full of Hydro-shocks!!!! White Knight CLRR

10. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

hey danger b i am big b and i am in the club with white knight it is called 4x4 crossing. it is pretty cool me and wk both live close to the trails in benbrook maybe one weekend you come out and we can all go throw some mud if you would like later your fellow mud thrower BigB

11. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

Re: TEXAS / DFW frameshop?

Hey fellow DFW residents. I wasn't aware of that club but its good to know there's one with some blazer owners in it, The ones I'm familiar with are mostly full of jeepers (nothing bad with a jeep, just saying)

I have been to 360 and spoken with one of the owners, and one of the main problems that they have is that they have some gas pipeline's right-of-ways on which the pipelines are visible/over ground, and some people are driving over them and cracking them. They are worried that unless this is resolved not only does it cost them money to fix, but at ~5000 gallons of gas per minute, ... you get the picture.
    Also, of course that the place is just about out of hand, with everyone doing whatever they please.

While I'm writing, I have a question for DFW residents, anyone know of a decent frameshop in this area?

I ate a mountain-side with my '79 jimmy and bent the frame a bit, and I'm looking for a frameshop that wont charge me and arm and a leg, but that will get the axles parallel and the truck level and strong.
    Otherwise everything runs well, and the body is rust free and in decent shape.
    Would hate to have to sell it, because I know I probably couldn't buy another.(Wish I could)

Good luck

Javier

12. White Knight

Javier, nope don't know of any off hand but will put some feelers out, if any comes up I'll email you the info. Hey like Big B4x4 said if you're in the neighbor hood look us up and we'll go wheeling, just click on our names and get the email addresses...White Knight

13. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Hey BigB and Knight, that Benbrook idea sounds great. I am putting a new motor in mi negra bonita (my beautifull black girl). I should have it broke in and ready in a week or two. Then I can also show you The N. Dallas trails as well.

DangerBrett

14. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Javier, I would call 4wd wholesalers, 4wd lee's in carrollton or that place in Arlington and ask them about frame shops. Where do you live ? Know any trails in big D?

DangerBrett

15. Javier Gras

Thanks, if you learn about a shop let me know, my e-mail is in my personal info also. Feel free to contact me for anything.
    If you guys get together to go wheeling in this area let my know and i'll try to get I few more trucks, also if I go wheeling I'll e-mail you all to see if you want to come. Even if I'm truckless I'll be happy to ride shotgun.
    Keep on wheelin
    Javier

16. Javier Gras

Thanks, those are in the places-to-call list, i just haven't quite yet.
    I live in Dallas just east of I-75, about greenville ave and lovers lane.
    The 360 trails south of the DFW airport are great but a bit of on the trashed side depending in which parts. I know there suppose to be some trails in Denton, and Mckinney next to the lake but I haven't had a chance to go.
    Good luck

Javier

17. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Cool, I live in Frisco. Denton & Mckinney are down the street. I should have my truck going in a week or so. Lets check em out.

DangerBrett

18. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Oh yeah! I'll have mine running this summer, never done though I'm afraid. I'll have to come down there and hit some of those trails. I'm about midway between Dallas and Clayton, Ok. hmmmm...

Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress