Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 ebay tranny?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trialanderror, Sep 22, 2005.

1. trialanderror

trialanderror Registered Member

Hey guys, i know im new here but have any of yall had a chance to check out this guy selling rebuilt trannys on ebay. mine just crapped out and am in desperate need of one.tell me what yall think, cause it would hate to get screwed on something like this..heres the linktranny

2. trialanderror

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

The last "professionally rebuilt" TH350 I bought on ebay puked ATF out the dipstick and onto my headers casuing a fire minutes after I installed it. I had a guy in town look at it and he said the steels were installed improperly and failed as soon as I started it.

His feedback looks good. No problems from previous buyers so that is a good sign!

4. trialanderror

Yea he looked alright to me..but i just wondered if any 1 had bought anything from him so i would have an idea of how easy he is to deal with..so u think it will be alright..what about the price..it seem to low or high? :confused:

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I was quoted about $1000 to have a th350 rebuilt at shpos around here, so his price is not too high.

6. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well you can look at the prices this way. the rebuilt kits cost what 100-200 if all the internal are good then all you they have in it is there time and the kit. So I think the big thing is what can the shops get for there time.

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

We used on a guy on ebay located in NC on a 700R4 for my brother inlaws S10. We got the tranny and it never worked right, it was a horrible experience trying to get the $$ back. When I finally but a new tranny I will deffinitely buy it online, however I will do some major homework on the seller.

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Was his ebay ID isailuride ??

I just ate it and figured lesson learned.

9. 350k5

350k5 1/2 ton status

Look at his feeback. I'm not sure if this is an issue but he has sold two transmissions this month. Thats it, then the last time he sold something was Back in March and you can't even see what the item was.

I wouldn't say thats really a bad thing though considering what the product is. Probably not a lot of people buying transmissions off of ebay all that much. The guy looks pretty legitimate and it seems that all of his customers were happy with the product.

Also, since it may not bee easy to tell how well a transmission is doing after only having it a few weeks I would suggest contacting some previous buyers (if you can, I don't know if you can do that on ebay, but I would assume you could) and see how the transmission is working out for them.

Plus the guy is offering a two year warranty, but be careful with that. Make sure you find out exactly what the warranty covers becsaue it may not be as good as it appears. Well I guess is does say Replacement warranty, thats pretty impressive, I'd say that it's a pretty good deal.

10. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You can click on there user name and ask the buyer also

11. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Suck it up and buy local so when it goes out or bad you can get it fixed. If you buy it from E-bay are you going to ship it back to them if it doesn't work? You would be better off buying it from a store that sells on E-Bay, Bowties Overdrive, Summitt, Jegs, etc. Ask around your town find out who does them good and go there. My .02

12. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

That's good advice.If you have a problem with a local shop's work it's a lot easier to deal with and in the worst case you can always show up at the owners front door :mad:

13. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

That is a good price..

That is a good warranty..

Now this part sounds shady to me.. If his looked so much better why not put a pic of the actual tranny up :confused: I mean hell why not put a pic of it up anyway so people could get a better idea of what they are actually buying.. He took the time to post a pic of his shelves so he should have no problem with the actual pics..

If it was as good as he claimed it to be then it sounds like a good deal.. The warranty sounds good but like mentioned if you have to take it out and pay shipping on it both ways that could get expensive and put you in a price that you could get it done locally for.. If you are local to his shop then I might buy it other wise I would go local..