Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 Hard shift questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by laketex, Jun 12, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ok, I got my tranny rebuilt about 2 years ago, but didn't get it installed till feb of this year. I've run it about 30 miles and it shifts like crap. The only way it'll shift up is with my foot flat on the floor and the motor wound way out, then it does with a huge jerk. Downshifting is sporadic, sometimes it does right, sometimes it has to be done manually. Need to know what to do here. Fluid's fine, tranny's out of warranty. Do i need a new rebuild or is it something simple?

2. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me like your vacuum modulator isn't getting any vacuum. Is it hooked up? A friend of mine didn't have the metal line to run the vacuum to the modulator so he just ran hose all the way down. The hose colapsed and his transmission was acting the same way.

Mike

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah check the vacuum line. It'll cause those things to happen.

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I would assume the vacuum line or modulator.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yes, Sorry for the vagueness. I meant the vacuum line that connects from somewhere on the intake manifold that goes down to the back of the transmission to the vacuum modulator.

6. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I think it is the Vacuum mod. or line is off.Had this happen on the wifes Sub.

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Thanks to all of yall. It was indeed the vaccum line. All split out and not doing its job properly. I have a metal hard line and a little bit of hose at each end to connect the two. The hose was messed up so I replaced each with a piece of fuel line. works and shifts great now. Thanks again to all of yall. Saved me a TON of work.

Bryan