Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 Lock Up Converter Switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RiceDaddy, Aug 12, 2003.

1. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

This switch is leaking fluid around it...bad.

How do I replace it? I assume there is a gasket or o-ring that seals it in there so that's really what I need to fix.

[​IMG]

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Probably retained the same way the TH700 TCC plug is. Of course, I have no idea how that is. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would imagine it uses an o-ring, if it does, I'd deal with a hydraulic hose place, as GM is typically insane on o-ring prices. Either that or talk to a local tranny place.

3. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

I went to Napa and we looked in "the book" and found a part number for an O-ring. I bought it (61 cents). I'm guessing that I have to drop the pan and get at it from underneath. It doesn't seem to want to wiggle out from up top. Any thoughts?

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The 200-4R uses a similar setup,but for the life of me, can't recall how it comes out...I want to think that it uses "fingers" on the inside of the case, so you push it into the case and it locks in place. But I'm not sure.

If someone can chime in with how the 700R4 wiring plug is retained, it will hopefully be the same as what you will deal with. I'd be really surprised if it was retained from the outside.