Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

th350/np205 sleeve

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by arq, Jun 10, 2003.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I hear that there are two versions of the th350/np205 adapter. does the sleeve change between these and are they interchangable??? can anyone identify this one.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

larger image

thanks,

ARQ.

2. Larry

Larry 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

A windy corner of a dirty street: Pueblo West, CO
    I am not sure what that thing is but it looks nothing like the one used in my 72’ K5 Blazer with a TH350/205 nor the sleeve behind my 78’ K10 with a TH350/NP203 when it was still an automatic.

By process of elimination it may be safe to say it is newer than 72’, older than 81’ since the auto trans sleeves were not used in the 81 or newer aluminum 208’s & 241’s, has too many splines to be a SM465 manual variant. Dang...not sure what the heck that is from.

I guarantee someone here will know.

3. JDNobodi

JDNobodi 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have collected quite a few th350/205s made from 1969 to 1973. The sleeve you have is a pre 1973 that is supported by a big bearing. The later model sleeve does not have the step where the bearing mounts and has a snap ring inside the middle the sleeve to keep the sleeve from walking back and forth. I have never done it, but you could put a later model sleeve in a earlier adapter if you leave the bearing out. But I think you could get new sleeves (both early models and late models) at ORD.

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

thanks JD... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ARQ.