Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 Output shaft removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Junkies, Jun 3, 2003.

1. K5Junkies

K5Junkies Newbie

Can anyone describe how to remove the output shaft on the th350. I have done this without any problem on the th400, but to my suprise they were different, no bolt holding the spring in the valve assembly . I have it tore down to the planetary gears and output shaft assembly(not sure of proper terminology) any tips would be great.

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

its hard for me to explain right now, head hurst.
    you have to push down on the clutch pack in the bottom. think its the one two clutch pack? cant remember right now. sorry, anywhoo, then with two hands remove the retainer ring for the pack. then it all comes out.
    a tranny shop can do it for ya for like 5 dollars if they are cool. needs a special tool. most tranny shops make one.
    maybe i am loosn it. it has been a while on a TH350. someone correct me if i am wrong.
    Grant

3. K5Junkies

K5Junkies Newbie

Ok - I was just not familiar enough with the process. The planetary gears are held in place by a locking ring on the tailshaft. After removing the locking ring I still couldnt get the gear assemly out. After looking at it several times I decided to take apart another th350 which slid right off. Went back to the first th350 with a puller and walla. The splines had been smooshed holding the planetary gears in place. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif