Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

th350 output shaft

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by georgiared84, Dec 19, 2002.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Looking for an output shaft for a th350 to match it to an np208. mine is set up for a 205 right now.

2. georgiared84

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

I thought all turbo 350's had a 27 spline output shaft, if the 208 you have doesn't fit it, you probably have to change the input gear in the transfer case.

4. georgiared84

the splines aren't the problem. it's the length of the shaft. The th350 takes a 5 inch thick adapter to mate to a np208 which requires a longer shaft than the th350-np205 setup. I'm trying to find the longer output shaft to match the th350 to the np208 and keep my stock drive shafts. Chevy used this combo for a few years.

5. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

wasn't aware of the different length shafts, should be close to same length as short tail car shaft, do you have a measurement?

6. georgiared84

Don't have the measurement, but I found the part. bulkpart.com carries a kit with the adapter and the shaft for about 100$. That's where I'm getting the rebuild kit and the torque con. so I'll just order them all at the same time.

7. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifHEY MAN I DID A 700R4 SWAP TO A 350TH AND THE GUY THAT REBUILT THE TRANNY MADE A COSTOME OUT /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifPUT SHAFT I THINK ANY TRANNY SHOP IN YOUR AREA SHOULD BEABLE TO DO THE SAME I GOT A KIT TO MAKE THE TRANS CASE TO STAY THE SAME PLACE SO I HOPE THIS HELPS /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. georgiared84

I just found a kit through bulkpart.com for about 100$ that has the adapter, shaft, and any little pieces to do the swap. I already got my rebuild kit, shift kit, and torque converter from them and they've got pretty good prices. Figured that would be an easy way to get everything. Turns out you can also modify a 27 spline car shaft.