Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

th350 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James, Oct 5, 2000.

1. James

James 1/2 ton status

I asked this question ealier but did not get much feedback. so I'll try again. Just installed rebuit th350. Can't remember which hose line goes on top and which on bottom. Two lines Between the radiator and tranny. Lines are identical in length and form. I am assuming the top conn. on tranny goes the the top conn. on radiator and the bottom conn. goes to the bottom conn. Anyone who has a th350. Could you possible look at your lines and confirm this for me. I.ve been told it dosen't matter, but I am skeptical of that answer.
    Thanks

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Top to top, bottom to bottom. It really doesn't matter. The hook up at the radiator is bi-directional and will not hurt anything if it is reversed. If you were able to look inside your radiator the right side tank has a small radiator in it which circulates the transmission fluid. It won't hurt a thing if these lines are crossed. Make sure that the lines are not kinked, clogged or nicked. Other than that hook them up. Mine go top to top and bottom to bottom.

3. James

James 1/2 ton status

Perfect, I got the same answer from sosamantax. I appreciate it.
    James