Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 Rebuild

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Panther212, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

Jan 4, 2003
    I'm looking to rebuild my tranny when I've got it pulled this week. I was just wondering if I could get and tips and advice on rebuilding it.

I was also wondering what I should be looking for in the rebuild kits... and I know also to install the shift kit (which one though??). What is a good price range on rebuild kits? I plan on buying a video and doin this over spring break....

(oh yeah, motivation is GREATLY appreiciated! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

I know this is a lot of questions, but also - what special tools will I need?
  2. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

I'd say order one from Summit, Jeg's or the local Hi-Po shop. TCI usually has their Street Trannies for a VERY decent price.
    If you go the rebuild your unit route, New Friction & Steels, and a Banner Kit should take care of it for you. You can also bring it into a shop where they can machine the parts out to fit a bit more of the clutch pack in there, but that's entirely up to you.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
  3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jul 18, 2001