Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

th350 to 700r4 swap help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by REDCRO_REDNECK, Aug 21, 2006.

1. REDCRO_REDNECK

REDCRO_REDNECK 1/2 ton status

I need some help with a swap I am in the middle of.

I pulled a rebuilt 700r4 out of a 1988 gmc jimmy to put into a 1986 chevy k10 that had a th350 from the factory.

I need some wiring diagrams that show how to hook up the tcc on the 700r4 so that it will work like a factory rig.

thanks for your help

2. bandit4369

bandit4369 Registered Member

Go to http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/index.shtml They have the 4th gear lockup kits, TV cable correction brackets and carb linkage to make it operate correctly. The only thing the wiring does is control locking and unlocking of the torque converter in overdrive, the operation of the tranny is completely controled by the TV cable. They also have an article on 700r4's, that is a wealth of info on 700's. Just about any of the more well known 700R4 custom builder have kits out or SummitRacing.com has several listed and ship same day, overnite as long as ordered by 6pm eastern time.

3. REDCRO_REDNECK

REDCRO_REDNECK 1/2 ton status

I do not need the kit. I have the wiring coming out of the tranny and just need to know what wire is what. if some one has a diagram or just knows the color code that is what I am after.