Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 to 700R4 swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by outlaw612, Feb 11, 2001.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

HELP! I need information on doing this swap on a 1982 Blazer with a 350. Any help is greatly appriciated.

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Check back a few posts. I made a post about the same question. It can be done but you have to get someone sharper than me to answer all your questions.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i take it you will be putting in a np208 transfer with it???
    if so you will need to get a 29 1/2" rear drive shaft,,i think the 350/205 shaft is 31",,and you will need to get a longer front drive shaft,,forget the numbers on it......you will need to cut the floor and install the bigger shifter boot,,,,i think the speedo cable is the same??? that's all i can think of right now
    oh yeah,,,you'll need to move the tranny mount and crossmember backward's i believe.......hope this help's ..

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>From what I've read, 700R4s are not the most reliable trans. I'm just curious why you would want one.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>pavement queen with shinny paint job and car tires</font color=blue>

5. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

I'm just finishing a 1982 700R4/208 to TH350/205 swap, without getting into which transmission is better here is some info that may help. The 700R4 is about 2 inches longer than a TH350. The 700R4 output shaft is also longer so you will need the proper transfercase adapter. The kickdown cable is different and the cooler lines connect farther back on a 700R4 and will need to be relocated. You will have to re-locate the cross member back a couple of inches and you will need new drive lines. You will also need the controller for the lockup converter in the 700R4. Other than that and a case of beer, it should be a piece of cake :-) .
    PS. if you want drive line lengths, I can measure mine.

[​IMG]<font color=red> Elkboy</font color=red> [​IMG]

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info, sounds a little to indepth for now. I sure could use the overdrive with the 4.56s Im gonna put in but it will have to wait.
    Thanks Again.