Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 to tuned port help??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudologist, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Mudologist

Mudologist Registered Member

Just picked up a L98 tuned port corvette motor with a 700R4 trans. from a recked vette. I want to bolt up a 350 turbo trans behind it instead of the 700R4 and was wondering if I bought an older TH350 trans with a non lockup converter to go with it will it bolt right up to this 87 L98 motor? Will I need anything else for the install?

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

It will bolt up no problem.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yep. That's the cool thing about GM. Darn near everything they ever made will bolt up to everything else. I dropped an '87 Corvette engine into a '75 K5, bolted it to a Turbo 400 and NP205 from a 1980 K30, and a 14-bolt FF and Dana 44 HD from a 1974 GMC pickup. The tranny bolted right up after drilling 4 new holes in the frame for the crossmember. The engine dropped right in after we notched the drivers side engine support bracket to clear the factory mini-headers. (A different exhaust manifold would have let us skip that step). The axles bolted right into place after getting bigger u-bolts to hold that monster 14-bolt in place. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif There are a few pics at the link in my sig.