Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

th350 up in smoke

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Mar 4, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

well, didn't make it to TDS or San Felipe 250. but I picked up some goodies this past weekend. After loading up the blazer with tons of stuff, it seemed, i headed back home. all of a sudden the cab fills up with smoke and i pull over. tranny fluid leaking under the blazer. the tranny over heated and sprouted the oil onto the exauhst pipe, good thing it did not catch on fire. Waited for it to cool and made it home. That it'll get me off my a** and make me put the 465 in there/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

it's all good i guess,

ARQ.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

glad you made it back ok.
    you should give me the 465....
    let me know if the weekend of the 16th and 17th is good for you for our trip down south
    Grant

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Hey Arg, that sounds so familiar!!! Almost Dejavu.. hahah. I was wondering where you were at TDS.. did you hear about Andy? I wish I had a truck I could push as hard as he does, he would have made some great video footage had I shown up a little earlier.. dangit!!! Hope he gets his back up and running quick! Whats the scoop on your backup blazer, running?

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

74blaze, can't do that. it'll be going in my blaze. nice try though/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. I took a short trip down there on friday, saw a 4" lift kit on a blaze. not many blazers, though. also some guys that are willing to swap 8lug setup for our 6lug. i'll let ya know about the 16/17 later this week.

Borrego, wish i would of made it to TDS. I know my tranny would not have made it so i passed on it. got all my stuff and more for the 465 swap though/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. I did read his post earlier, d60 time...

need to get it running before it goes from cool to friken HOT around here.

ARQ.

5. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

hey i fixed the u joint and hub already all thats left is the case and now ive got a good idea , its a secet tho !!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif muhauhaah h

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

. o 0 O(I see machining in your future)O 0 o .