Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 Upgrades?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by travis, Oct 6, 2001.

1. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

OK guys, I need some suggestions for upgrading my tranny. I'm going to pull out my SM465 and replace it with a TH350. The TH350 I have is fairly new from a tranny shop (AAA Transmissions). I'm sure they did just the basic rebuild. I've heard something about a sprag (sp) I think. What's that? Should I replace it? Any suggestions for shift kits? I'm tired of shifting gears, and just today I managed to weld my clutch together in waiste deep water. I wish I could afford the 700R4 conversion $$$$$$.

Later,
    Travis

2. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Hey you're in the same boat I am in I have a sm465 and am trying to swap in the th700r4, but running into a prob...
    See the input shaft into the NP 205 is a ten spline and the o/p shaft on the th350 is a 27 spline... and then you have to get the stock adapter between the tranny and the transfer case for a th350... because the one from your sm465 won't mate up to the th350. so you need to do one of two things...
    1. Find a stock adapter for a th350 and np205 ( from a junk yard or brand new at parts counter at a dealership) and then call advance adapters for the adapter to mate the shaft from a 27 spline to a 10 spline or...
    2. Go to a junkyard and find a th350 already mated to a np205... have fun...
    72 chevy blazer

3. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

I also forgot to mention you can get all this info mainly from two sites the one that Advance Adapters is at and the one for Offroad Design just do a google search and you should find them...