Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 vent through dipstick??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by elkboy, Jul 1, 2001.

1. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

Does any one know where the vent in located on a pre 80 TH350? I think it may be vented through the dipstick but I'm not sure. Since I put a water proof dipstick in I have some trans fluid leaking into the transfer case. Am I a dipstick, or do I need a new one [​IMG].

Thanks

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im not positve, but I think the vent is on the top on the passenger side.

3. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Check the case vent, it is on the top side of the tranny right along the seam. Can't remember if it vents to the drivers or passengers side. Going to the water tight dipstick probably cut off the the escape passage if the actual vent is blocked. This will cause the fluid to blow by the seals and end up in either the t-case or out by the convertor.

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I'm visualizing as i type, i believe it vents to the driverside above the shifter linkage, way up on top, they're usually plastic and i melted the one on my t-case, maybe it got a little too hot and melted shut, should just be pushed into the hole reach up and see if you find it, it should be there.

RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I had a '77 K10 with a TH350. It was on the top, almost center about where the case flares to goto the block. It was a steel tube about an inch long.

6. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I'll feel around and see if I can find it and get it unplugged.

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.