Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH350 vent?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FWP, Jan 21, 2007.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

How is it attached to the case? Is it threaded in? I want to replace it with a barb fitting, to run a rollover hose around the tranny. TIA!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

think it just sort of presses in. Last I looked mine just sort of ell out at some point. I was planning to tap it and throw in a barb to run a hose high.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thay are pressed in platic. and if remaning the tranny thats the tipe to 1/8 pipe thread it as the pump will be out to get to the shavings from the taping prosses.

4. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

it depends, theres two different types,, if you have the one with the plastic (or metal) pipe coming out of the front of the case facing the rear thats good, you can just put a piece of vacuum line on it and run it up to the firewall or something, if you have the one with the green capped barb type deal facing the drivers side or passenger side of the vehicle, just pop the cap off and run the vacuum line... the pump MUST come out if you wanna do this right.. the one with the long plastic vent gets held in by the pump, and it just slides in the case, some of the metal ones are pressed in or screw in style.. hope this hlps.. nate

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks!!!