Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

th400 -> 4L80E

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im buying a cucv, which has a th400, and ive got a 4L80E i want to swap in its place. ive already got the diesel computer and wiring harness, and the t-case is already taken care of as well. is there anything else i need? i know ill have to swap the gear indicator from a truck with OD (which i have in my truck that im parting) is there anything else since its going from not having overdrive to having overdrive?

2. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

sounds like you got it covered.

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

when swapping from an old school tranny to a newer 4l80e, atleast in the 2002 4l80e I used, the gear shifter and indicator on the collumn wouldnt work, because it is the opposite throw of the older trannys, atleast it was from my old 700r4. Might be worth looking at. From what I remember, to select gears the linkage pushes the arm to shift through the gear selections, but in the 700r4, the linkage had to pull it into gear. I hope that made sense. It is no biggie though, I just used a B&M megashifter. Although when I swap a 4l80e into my cucv, I am going to try to monkey with it to see if I can get the factory collumn shifter to work right with it.

Remington

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Muddybuddy, you finally got a cucv. Where did you find it?

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im working out a deal with a member on here.

the 4L80E is from a '91 truck with a 6.2 so hopefully everything will work smoothly:D once i get the truck ill be making a build up thread like everybody else:haha: