Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH400 and NP241 Questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JHG, Aug 5, 2005.

1. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

I was swapping a 6.2 Diesel, TH400 and NP241 in my K5. There are some things I am not sure what is (but have my guesses). So before I connect those things I want to be sure what I should do.

TH400:

1. I have no clue what this wite wire is for.

[​IMG]

2. I am 99% sure this connects to the vacuum pump:

[​IMG]

3. I think this is for the speedo:

[​IMG]

4. I dont know what this is. This vehicle had a trans heat gauge wich I think was connected to the transmission (was a Navy vehicle changed for towing airplanes).

[​IMG]

5. Some plug.....

[​IMG]

6. And another one........

[​IMG]

And from the NP241

7. This transfer case had those tvo irons. I dont remember those from my NP208 and dont know where to connect them.

[​IMG]

Well, thats it for today. :)

thanks, Jon H.

2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

1. this is not a wire, it is a breather/overflow tube

2. connect to manifold vacuum (pump)

3. yes

4. kick down selonoid connection (electric)

5. and 6. can't tell location from picture real good, but may be nuetral saftey switch hook up and or 4wd indicator. since you have a mech cable connect it shouldn't have VSS but ???

7. not real familiar with the 208, so maybe some one else could help. looks like a support brace

3. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

Thanks a lot. Its amasing how short time it can take to get info at coloradoK5 :)

I did put the NP241 in the K5 last night so its probably harder now to get better pictures of 5 and 6. I will take the camera with me and try to get better pictures.

I think number 7 is something I dont need. In fact, I took it off last night (had to do it to get the transfer case in place. I will try to figure out today if I can use it, and where it should fit.

Thanks again, Jon H.