Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Th400/Doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by rondob, May 9, 2001.

1. rondob

rondob Newbie

Hey everyone,
    I have some questions about the doubler and what stuff I need to look for to pull this swap off. First, The vehicle I want to put this set up in is a '71 Jeepster. I currently have a TH400 with a Dana 20. What tailshaft do I need? What 203 reduction box do I need? How doable is this? I'd like to keep my TH400. Right now vehicle has a 225 V6 (soon to change). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Rondo

I don't need no stinkin' signature!

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

It could be a tough find, but you need a 77-79 NP203 from a TH400. If you get a tranny with it, there's the output shaft you need. Any 4x4 type TH400 will have the shaft you need.

I've heard the bolt-on yoke 2wd TH400 is the same shaft also - don't take my word on it though!

3. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

The output you need for your t400 is the short one that sticks out behind the case about 2 inchs.The 205 version sticks out about 4 inchs.I don't know if you can buy it new but the input for the 203 box needs too be the 32 spline version that mated too the t400.Then you would need a 206 that either bolted too a t400 because you need the 32 spline input on it too_Or you can convert another 205.I just got mine done last week i like it.

4. rondob

rondob Newbie

Thanks for the replies. I've got some figuring and searching to do.
    Rondo

I don't need no stinkin' signature!