Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH400 Kick down cable?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Feb 9, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

OK... I thought the TH400 had a kickdown cable... someone told me it was electric... I donjt have a kickdown cable on my rig right now... 454/th400... What can i do... i hate downshifting manually... Someone said I have to hook up a switch of somekind? There's a holly carb on there... donno if that makes a difference...

2. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

as i remember, th400s have a kickdown switch on the accelerator pedal bracket down by yer foot........

* keep the greasy side down *

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

TH400s use a factory switch mounted by the accelerator pedal. Lokar also makes a kit that will mount the switch on your transmission with a stainless cable running up to your carb. It's a pretty nice set-up and easy to install. You can get one through Summit.

Smitty

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I WAS TOLD THAT IF YOU PUT IN A GOOD SHIFT KIT YOU SHOULD NOT NEED THE KICK DOWN SWITCH . I SOON WILL KNOW WHEN I AM DONE WITH MY DOUBLER.