Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TH700R4 swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BI U JIMMY, Jul 10, 2000.

1. BI U JIMMY

BI U JIMMY Registered Member

I have the opportunity to get a mid eighties suburban for a good price which has no rust and is missing only the engine. The tranny was working when the engine went. My main questions revolve around the difficulty of doing this conversion on my 78 Jimmy with NP203 xfer case and the differences between the two and four wheel versions of this transmission.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Get ahold of Advance Adapters. They have an application for everything for the right price. I'd offer you my spare 700 and t case but I just sold them.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

as far as the trans goes, you will need the output shaft and tailhousing forom a 4x4 trans. Idon't know if the 203 case will bolt up or not yet. I am thinking of the same type swap. I have a 76 blazer with a th350/203 in it and want a 700r4 and a 205. I know the drive shafts will need modification and I need to use the 700r4 crossmember. but not sure what else I'll run into. but thats half the fun!! I have another 700r4 4x4 that still works in a 84 blazer. where are you? maybe we can help each other make it all fit!!

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

4. BI U JIMMY

BI U JIMMY Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I am in southern louisiana, unfortunately. I am going to look at that Suburban in the next couple of days and see if I can use it. The front clip is in excellent shape so I am told and no rust anywhere. I wrote Advance Adapters and am waiting for a reply to my swap questions. I was told by someone that the 205 and 203 share the same input shaft size but I don't know. I will keep you informed if I find out any new info