Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

th700r4 to th350 or th400?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bross82, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

what do you think of the rebuilt th350 and th400 trannies from summit and TCI? is there a better place to get good already rebuilt trannies at a low price?

how much more difficult would it be to replace with a th400? in the long run, hopefully only 2-3 years, i plan on swapping in a 454 and adding as much power as possible. so i'm trying to keep that in mind. what adapter(s) would be needed for a th350 and what would be needed for a th400? is there anything else i need to keep in mind that i would need to be upgraded or changed such as the torque converter?

how well will one of the th350 or th400 trannies hold up with: 305/th700r4/np208/3.08 ? dont plan on this being a long-term setup, but the current axles and gears may need to stay in up to a year.

thanks for any help,
    matt

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

The summit transmission only comes in 2wd so you would have to get a 4wd shaft swapped into it and that would require a total tear down since the output shaft is the last thing out. I took out my 700R4 and put in a TH350, The bolt pattern is the same for all chevy transmissions. Just be sure to hook the vacuum modulator up to a full time vacuum port and not a timed port and dont forget to hook up the kickdown cable (opinion varies on that detail)