Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thang Dang Rear Window!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RockaFella, Oct 22, 2002.

1. RockaFella

RockaFella Registered Member

Iv Taken It Apart iv Rebuilt it IV DONE IT ALL and IT GETS HALFWAY UP AND GET STUCK! I need 2 People 1 to Push the Button and Another to Shake the Glass anyway to solve this Problem!? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Window tracks are rusted out in the bottom. The regulator is jamming on itself because the window is at the wrong angle. Dealer can get you the tracks for a decent price in about 48 hours.

3. RockaFella

thats just it theres no rust! we have redone the whole thing the window works fine when the Back Cover is off ( one facing inside) It works Fine Im thinking of just Leaving it down BUT It sucks exhaust in The Back Maybe i should just put in a Rag Top and Put Gutter Guards on the side /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's odd then. Mine had the exact symptoms and the tracks were the culprit. Got about half way up and stopped with a thud when the track attached to the widow hit the regulator.

5. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

ditto on that one, im having the same problem. let me know what fixxes it
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. RockaFella

Grim Take a look at my Idea on the rag Top I think ima just do that and not worry about the window

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Did you ever have big loads on the inner side?
    Mine did and that arched the inner side and it was rubbing on the window, and finally it got so bad it hung on ti and that is when I noticed it. There is a plastic guide that will snag. Just check that there is nothing close enough to be the culprit. Aslo, did you adjust the rails to have it centered and straight up? if it a little cockeyed it could do that, but I guess it wouldn't work with the cover off then... well check for clearance.

8. Great78burb

Great78burb Registered Member

You might try taking the screws for the access panel out 1 at a time and cycling the window each time. Mine was hanging up on one of the screws on the inside. It drove me nuts trying to figure it out! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

or you could do what im doing..take the back of a truck cap door...just take the door from one..and put it on the back of the k5 cap..find one the right size and that matches that contour of the cap pretty good..paint it to match..and it looks pretty damn good...also locks..lot more durable than glass which could just be smashed..i just think the k5 should have came with on to begin with! and you can put some insulation on it too..just my .2

10. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

no offense, but the K-5 did come with it to begin with, the first gens all had it
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh yea i forgot about that..lol..i was more refering to the 2 generation ones..but true the old ones did have that...i think its a lot better than the glass to!