Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thank a Firefighter...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Confedneck79K30, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

I know I will next time i see some somewhere..
    2 years in a row (last night was the 2nd), the town I live in has been hit hard by brush fires... We are currently 5" lower than we should be on rainfall for the year...

That's a big deficit...

Almost 300 acres burned yesterday, and the firefighters came from as far as 40 miles away to fight this thing...:bow: :bow:

[​IMG]

scary stuff... not my house, but that's close enough to melt the paint... and no houses were lost...

http://news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070327/NEWS0103/70327003/1075

[​IMG]

last time it was a buncha kids that set the fire... 14, 12 and 11 i think..
    this time they dont know yet..

[​IMG]

that's all just wanted to bring a little praise to the hometown heroes!

2. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

December of last year we had one get out of control. Ended up burning down like 28 structures most of them being homes. At one time the fire spread like 5 miles wide. It came within 400 yards of our land. A farmer on a bulldozer ended up breaking it. The firemen came from 5 or 6 neighboring counties and saved quite a few homes. But to be honest there were some that really ticked me off. Before you start slamming me let me say I respect ALL service men and women. The thing that upset me is this. I was running my back roads around to check on all of my shutins from church and make sure they got out somehow and came upon a horse ranch around the corner of me and they had 7 fire trucks out trying to save this ranch that consist of a big nice home and a big horse stable while a trailer house community basically burned to the ground less than 2 miles away. A lady lost her life trying to fend off the fire from her home about 5 miles away. Kinda upsetting in a way.

The guy at the ranch had all of his horses in his trailer sitting by the road.

I do respect and Thank all Firemen and women, armed forces, police officers, EMT, medical personel, and who ever else works for the publics well being. They just hacked me that day I guess.

3. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Last august while in Sturgis, there had been a fire along I-90. While visiting a watering hole we talked with a couple fighters next door, and they were telling us about the whole deal, and how quickly things can go to hell while fighting them.
    I try to make it a habit of thanking people of service. Usually they are humble about it, but they deserve the recognition.

And so here's to you BRB, and all the others who serve for the well being of the rest of us.:bow: :bow: :bow:

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I was badly burned in an aircraft accident 6 years ago- 28% burns. Fortunately, the scars are on my back mostly, so not visible, but I can honestly say that there is no pain that even comes close to being on fire. The other bad thing is that the treatment for burns is just as painful if not worse at times. What those guys risk every time they go out is something that most people cannot comprehend. They are true heroes. :bow:

5. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Military or civilian accident?

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Civilian. It was my own plane. Actually, I am part owner in a company and the plane was owned by the company. Fortunately, I was the only one on board.