Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thank again for the patience of my neighbors!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 2, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Todays mess I made. But I did clean up afterwards as much as I could. The junkiest looking stuff should be mostly gone in a week though. I know I shouldn't make things look so messy, but I gotta try and get these projects done and outta here.

TrucksApart 004.jpg

TrucksApart 003.jpg

TrucksApart 005.jpg

TrucksApart 006.jpg

TrucksApart 002.jpg

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

haha oh man how do u even keep track of what is where in that garage.

3. mountainexplorer

Well, under the pile of opened vending machine boxes is an '87 1-ton 4x4 frame and cab... a few motors here and there, 3 unassembled vending machines, and a bunch of random parts. If I want to find something I just have to start looking for it. That about sums it up. Stuff that won't fit in the garage is covered up outside between the house and garage or in front of the trucks in the driveway out of sight.

4. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I take it you work on/deal in vending machines? i got a question for you then, I have an older coke machine (maybe 10-15 years, no dollar bill slot) and it gets cold but someone stole the coin counter/change maker out of it. they were nice enough to unplug it so i have all of the original harnesses and terminal ends still inside the door. I just want it for beer/soda at the shop and do not need it to accept money. is there a way to *hot wire* the buttons to work without the money part or do i need to fix it right? I am not opposed to buying the replacement parts for the money counter, but i have no idea where to get them. any good sources of info/parts/anything relevent would be greatly appreciated
    Sorry for the hijack, i just have no one around here to ask about it.

5. mountainexplorer

We started this business new with new machines. But ours are mechanically coin operated. WE do have an electronic bill changer that mounts to the machine, but the snack coils and drinks are vended by turn coin mechanisms- not electronically.

So unfortunately, I'm not sure if you could hotwire an electronic controlled machine to do that... but I would imagine there would be a way. Only alternative would be to have a change box and keys to the machine and just keep using the same change over and over again, but that could be a pain to do, always having to retrieve the change from the change box.

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt think it'd be that hard to booty-rig the wiring to bypass the coin part. Get a test light and jumper wire and go to work.

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Dude, you got alot of creepers!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  8. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I always enjoy reading your posts. Looks like you have more than you can handle:D

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I bet your neighbors call each other up and place bets.