Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thank god for the K5!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Jun 17, 2001.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Today I sunk my truck into some deep, bottomless mud. I can't put it in 4wd because the gears don't match right now, and I got it stuck. First time that's ever happened. My friend did a great job yanking me out in his '86 K5.

I love my 35" BFG Mud Terrains. They cleaned out really well and it took quite a bit to get my truck stuck, even in 2wd. This is the first time I've ever managed to get it stuck and I couldn't get it out under my own power. I almost did though.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

did you get any pics?

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes, my friend did. The first time I got stuck, I got out under my own power. My left front tire was buried nearly completely in the mud. It was quite deep, and I thought I was going to roll my truck over. I had to really spin my rear tires, they threw a lot of water and mud and the truck moved, but it kept sinking. Eventually I got back to where my buddy could pull me with his K5 from dryer ground to get me straight.

When the pics get developed, I'll share them.

Tim

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You could have put it in 4wd. Mud is slick enough that till you got unstuck it would have been fine. The problem is on hard pack or pavement. Short burst in the go won't hurt anything as long as you dont hook up real good.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I agree with Grimmy. You could have run it in 4wd in mud with no problems. Mud is more slippery and forgiving than hard asphalt. BTW, when you are trying to get out of mud, the tires are spinning fast anyways, so any tire that spins faster or slower than the others wouldnt really matter until they got traction, then you should worry there. Oh well, live and learn. [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I DID put it in 4wd! I was still stuck in 35" deep bottomless mud. It makes no difference. My truck has 3.08s in the front and 4.10s in the back, but in the mud, they might as well be the same, especially as deep and slick as it was there.

Tim