Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thank you autozone, oh wait thank you napa

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, May 20, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Twice now I went to autozone for a simple set of u joints for my K5. One time I got the brute force one and installed it. It slid back and forth in the yoke! The out to out measure on the caps was just over 3 5/8". I measured between my yoke "ears" and it was designed for a 3 3/4" u joint. I went back and got the greasable version autozone sells. Turns out that was the same. I went back today and complained and tried ot get the right one. They didn't help, offered some at the time good advice that maybe someone had changed the yoke since the guy before claimed to have rebuilt the rears. On a whim I went to napa, asked for the samething i asked for at autozone and surprise they came back with the 3 3/4" u joint I need! INstalled it and that was that. There is a lot less vibration now but I believe my pinion bearings are shot cause it still vibrates pretty well.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

used oil, it would be more funny if it weren't for the fact that I have a friend that runs used oil. Costs him like $.79 a quart. His car burns so much oil it makes sense for him. ALl they do is take drain oil and screen out the crap pretty much. It smells unbelievably horrible. Got to love a Mazda MX3 that burns almost as much oil as gas. Ahh what 190k miles and beating the living crap out of a vehicle does.

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea well rippin off autozone is easy to do, with their tools and such, use em once, clean em up, bring em back.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yea well rippin off autozone is easy to do, with their tools and such, use em once, clean em up, bring em back.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm at the parts counter and you want to return something. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I cannot beleive I read that whole thing!!

Funny Stuff though /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I cannot beleive I read that whole thing!!

Funny Stuff though /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too...no wonder I can't get any work done