Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thank you AZ guys

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DesertDueler, Nov 10, 2001.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Thank you for just passing me on I-17 this morning. I blew the tranny in the burb so I couldnt get the Jimmy up there ( I was the tan and black burb with the silver and black Jimmy with no top or doors and full cage). I got stuck 15 miles from the trail and sat till 3:00 for my dad to pull the Jimmy back with the trailer and just left the burb for the tow truck company to pick it up. Sorry but I had to vent. I always help people out when I can and hate when people just fly by when you are on the side of the road, that and I spent all last week from 11:00 in the morning till 11:00 at nigth putting the cage in, putting the rear end in, doing front gears, rebuilding the steering coloum and making front shackles.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Did you actuallu see them drive by you? Cause I know a few of the guys that came to So Cal in Oct stopped for another member that blew his tranny also. Maybe they just didn't see you.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

3. DesertDueler

I saw three blazers for sure pass me and I am sure a few others passed me. I broke down about 8:00 and sat there untill 9:00, when I got it to limp to the next exit and park it there.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well there are a lot of Blazer's on the road out there that aren't part of this here website. Hopefully it wasn't one of our guys. I would think they would have stopped if it was,

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

5. DesertDueler

I realize there are alot of blazers out there, but I am pretty sure they were heading up for this run because its really the only thing out that way. Like I said I just had to vent.

6. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear that.

Look I can fly.
    oops i mean sink.

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Why didn't you just park the Burb and drive the Blazer? I know the Blazer is probably not legal but......[​IMG].

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

8. DesertDueler

I have no windshield, no mirrors, bad tags, and it sticks out really bad.

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, sorry to hear what happened. I know I would have stopped (of course, all you have is my word) and I think most of the guys on this run would have stopped if they saw you. I won't stop if my family is with me unless I see kids or I know you. Not worth the risk to my family otherwise. But, I will often stop for most anyone if my family is not with me and they are on the interstate or otherwise isolated. If you need some help getting the Burb home, let me know. I'll help if I can...

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well if you get pulled over just say it is a funny looking farm tractor.[​IMG]

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

That sucks... I wish I'd been paying more attention when I was on my way up there... if I'da seen/known, I would have given you a hand... :-/ I was driving the primer grey, and black bedliner sprayed K20 suburban with no windows, and probably shot by a little before 9... I dunno if you saw me blast past or not, but I'm truly sorry you ended up stuck in the middle of nowhere. I'll keep a better lookout next time,

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

12. FWP

FWP CRS

Sorry to hear that. I came from the North, so I did not pass you. You might not want to lump every one from Arizona together.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

13. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

DesertDueler SORRY too hear about that. I rode with Azblazer up there we left my house about 9:00am and didn't see you. I know if i would have seen a truck broke down we would have stopped we were in a purplish K5 with a flag flying off the top. Damn I am sorry.

14. DesertDueler

Oh well $hit happens. I was just upset because my dad and I worked on the Jimmy like crazy to get it done, and I didnt make it out there. I wanted to leave the burb, and take the Jimmy with the empty trailer behind it to the trail and have my dad come up and tow it home sunday morning, but had to wait fot the tow truck which didnt get there untill 2:00. That and my dad told me it wouldnt be a good idea to drive it since its nowhere near being street legal, other than it passes emissions :)

15. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that you had problems with the burb.... I wasn't going and most of the guys that I've meet from here i believe would have stopped if they saw you....Especially from your description of your K-5.....Soemtimes we don't see everything on the road..... I didn't go myself due to my T-350 tranny problems, but hope the others that made it enjoyed themselfs........

Hope the repairs aren't going to cost to much..... Did you still have the stock 700R4 in there? Are you going to repair your Tranny if so what are you going to change?

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

16. DesertDueler

The front seal went out on it. I am probably going to try and just replace it. I am also going to put a retainer to hold the seal in. If that doesnt work I will be putting in a GM cert tranny 3yr/50,000 mile.

17. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Did you check on the crate trany jet? Price? I need to do it too... I want the OD in mine so I'm not planning on rebuilding the T-350 again.....

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

18. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Where abouts did you break down? We left for the trail around 830am from Bell road to I-17....with 3 of us in the rig somebody should have seen you....i'm sorry we didn't. Ask Moose how many trail runs i've cut short in help of others...and spent the rest of the day doing whatever it takes to save the day! A suggestion for all future AZ get togethers...we need to organize a tad bit more...ie: cell phone number list...there were 3 in the K5....and a CB channel to moniter also....maybe Moose and Toybox can add a page and re kindle the AZ Outlaw Wheelers message system??? And this should also extend farther than just trail runs...ie: damn a/c quit blowin....from the list i see Azblazer is the expert...set-up weekend date...bring rig over....fixed! :0)..thats what its all about brother! I'll be off the net till Monday...headin to Rocky Point for some RR...so i', packin 40 hrs in 3 days as i took off today for ASE testing (ReCerts).

Lol...we could call it our own local CK5 triple A service.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

19. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Excellent idea Doug! Some sort of list for AZ people would be a good thing.
    Mark

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

20. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Azboys I will work on the email setup again so us Locals can have a may to contact quicker. It was know as Arizona Outlaw Wheelers. Anybody wanting on the list send me you email address. toybox@toyboxoffroad.com

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Moose on 11/14/01 07:06 AM.</FONT></P>