Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thank you ck5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, May 6, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

well all that I have learned from here was put into good use the past few days. and Ive earned a great reputation because of it also.

got a call a couple days ago, some friends told me they were hanging out drinking beer down at the shop and wanted me to hang out with them. little did I know there was a motor swap going on at the time. they didnt call me to help but I felt bad when I found out how much the guys knew about what they were doing.

I figured free beer and I know a hell of a lot more than they did so why not pitch in. 3 hours later I couldnt walk very well but I could lay under the truck and turn a wrench:D and the motor was in. we ran into a few set backs so decided to call it a night. today I worked till 5 p.m. and at that time, right on the dot I got another call. "we finished getting it in but it wont start." I showed up and listened to them try to start it. almost instantly I knew it was out of time. so using my knowledge that I have learned here I set the time for them and it roared to life.

judging by the look of the motor I would have never guessed it would run but we got it going and its running great. I shared a lot of knowledge and earned a great deal of respect from the guys and just wanted to thank everyone here for what I have learned.;)

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Cool deal, it's good to see all this internet BS put to good use now and then. :waytogo:

Rene