Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thank you Every body for the Blazer-Fest

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Jul 22, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I had a blast and I hope every body else did.I enjoyed meeting ever body. Thank you all. I would like to thank every body that donated stuff for the raffle.

ORD---------------------------Sway bar disconnect
    Painless Wiring-----------------Fans, stickers, buttons, 2-10% discount certificates
    4x4 Connection-----------------Stickers, license plate frames
    Dakota Digital------------------key chains, stickers
    Weld Racing--------------------stickers
    Mr. Gasket----------------------2 Hurst shifters, 2 chrome script
    Autometer-----------------------stickers, pamphlets
    SUV Brushguards----------------4 t-shirts, pamphlets w/code, sunglass straps,stickers,
    free Shipping certificate
    B&M-----------------------------stickers
    CK5------------------------------3 t-shirts, 3 lg. Stickers, 7 pair sm. Stickers
    Herculiner------------------------1 Quart
    Splitfire---------------------------pins, free set of plugs
    Borla------------------------------50% off exhaust system
    Husky Liners----------------------Gift certificate ($70.00 value)
    Pull Pal---------------------------$50.00 off certificate
    Hi Angle Drivelines-----------------$100.00 gift certificate
    Westin Stepbars-------------------$400.00 STEPBARS OR $50.00 CASH
    Advanced adaptors-----------------Sweatshirt,T-shirt,StICKERS
    Toyboxoffroad---------------------D44 rockgaurd and windshield stickers.
    Chickenlips CB-----------------------Texas Ranger CB 2 Cobra hand held CB'S Assortment of CB equipment.
    SkyJacker----------------------------Gift certificate for 4 shocks, Steering stabilizer,Extened Brake lines.

All these company where great to deal with and I will buy any thing I can from them.
    We came out about $50.00 ahead after the raffle and stickers. I am sending Steve Fox a check. I have quit a few stickers left over. If any body wants some more email me DMDJ@PACBELL.NET And I will send you my mailing address. Please send a self address stamped envelope and I will send you some free.. If it is OK with every body that took pictures I would like to build a web site for the Blazer-Fest. Could I use your pictures that you posted???Or could you email them to me?? Thanks again. I hope we do it again next year......Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Go nuts with the pictures I took.... you can find the link on my site under pictures of my Blazer...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Well we had a great time and ejoyed the heck out of the weekend. Traffic wasn't even bad goin home. What do you guys think about Labor Day weekend (1-3 Sep)? Not sure what my wife may have planned but, could be a chance to camp out and go wheelin again.

David

[image]http://www.extremeblazer.com/sideapproachL.jpg[/image]

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Thanks again Dan for putting together a great time.It was a blast.I have all the pics I took on my webshots page and you are more than welcome to use as many as you like.And Goldrush,Sept 1-3 is doable for me.Where to?All I have to do is get my front end issues taken care of.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

GGrrrrrooovy!! I am ready too go !!! Duno if i'll beable to camp but a day trip somewere would work!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i am up for labor day weekend...i have that week off anyway! so when where and what time!

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

7. gokartergo

I'm ready, rebuilt my C-V joint. I tookthe Blazer out saturday down to New Idria Mines.And Clear Creek. It work great......Dan

8. ChevyCaGal

Labor Day sounds good to me... lets find out all that is interested in going and then see what place is sort of central for us... maybe that would work? I personally don't mind driving down south.... but if we (Northern CA'ers) go down there then next time you (Southern CA'ers) have to come up this way and do the Rubicon....! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

9. gokartergo

Hey ChevyCaGal is your Blazer ready. A bunch of us sure would like to see it. How about frank raines kinda central to all of us......Dan

10. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

O.K. I'll start a thread on the trails page for Labor Day Weekend.

David

11. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

You make it sound like "US SO CAL GUYS" don't like to drive up there. Do I have to remind you that we had 7 trucks from So Cal at Blazer-Fest. 8 if you count Stew from AZ.(he's closer to us than you).SOOOOOOOOO I think ya'll need to come wheelin down here.[​IMG]Dan, HELL YES we will do it again next year. Blazer-Fest 2002,3,4,5,6 and so on and so on. Some of us were talking about it and we thought it'd be cool to have it at Hollister every year. That way we can test the progress of our trucks and ourselves throughout the year on the many different obstacles that Hollister has to offer. Just a thought.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

12. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya know Hollister did work out perrty good!! We still had lots of room left at the camp area!! Hmmmmm mabie next year we could break the 50 rig mark!!?? Now that would be cool!! I bet we would even get in 4-Wheel OffRoad or something??!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

13. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Just my $.02, but since we had a good turnout this year why not every year at Hollister? Who knows maybe in 50 years it'll have over a million people like Sturgis did for Harleys last year. There is a pretty diverse terrain there. And Esteban: as far as us coming down there would just be a matter of one of you getting a run together and inviting us on a weekend that is convenient and far enough ahead.

David

14. ChevyCaGal

I was just refering to the fact it's not fair for you guys to drive way up here for something all the time and then we never drive down there is all.... it should balance out is all because gas is expensive to be making you guys buy the gas all the time... of course I won't complain if stuff is closer to me since my job pays awful and gas money kills me so bad! [​IMG]

15. gokartergo

Jan 1st I will make the reservation. Lets see Blazer-Fest 1 had 5. Blazer-Fest 2 had 20. At that rate Blazer-Fest 3 should have 80..................Dan

16. Esteban86K5

I think the whole town Hollister would go into shock if we had that many BLAZERS rolling around thier streets for 3 days.[​IMG]

Steph, I'm just giving you a hard time girl. I don't mind going up there for a some awesome wheeling. I didn't hear any of us complain about it either. So I'm sure no one from down here would mind at all. After all it's only once a year.

Dave, yeah we'll definately get a large run going and invite all of you guys to come down. It was a blast meeting and wheeling with everyone.

So is it settled that Hollister will be our official site for <font color=red>BLAZER-FEST?!</font color=red>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

17. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I think Hollister is the perfect place to have Blazer-Fest every year! Like Esteban said we can find out how much better we do each year. I didn't mind the drive gas wise it was just the thought of being 350mi from home with a broke truck that frightened me. The weather was great (not to hot during the day not too cold at night), the wheelen was the best, and Dan's putting it together made everything awsome.

We do need to have a event down south. The only question is when and where.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

18. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Well, I just thought I'd throw my .02 in here. From all the pics and good things I heard about Hollister I think it is a good idea to hold it there every year! Now, for the So Cal event, I would suggest somewhere like Tierra del Sol! It is an awesome place to wheel, just not in the middle of summer when it is 115 degrees out! But maybe we can plan something for October/November time or so?? It would be nice in the daytime and would make a big fire feel good at night. Los Coyotes is also a great spot, but the last time I checked it would be open til October and then who knows????

We should definitely plan something! Labor Day looks like I will be going to the Poker Run event up by Shaver Lake (that's pretty central I think) in the Sierras. It would be kinda cool to get a bunch of K5s up there! Anyway, just my .02...

19. Esteban86K5

Hey maybe we can have Blazer-Fest at Hollister in the summer and Tierra del sol in the fall. The best of both worlds. Northern guys can play in their own backyards and Southern guys can play in theirs.
    Keith, you seem to be the one that's been to TDS to most. Wanna put something together for later this year? I'll be glad to lend a hand. Let me know.

<font color=red>HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHATA?

20. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Shaver lake is right outside of Fresno.There are some way cool trails up there from easy too fairly hard.I go up there every chance I get.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>