Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thank you's: To my Wife and Derf00

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Dec 22, 2001.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thank you\'s: To my Wife and Derf00

Well.. can't thank my wife and Fred enough..
    Here's the story..
    Fred had a Explorer Pro-comp 4 inch lift kit for sale with all hardware to include wheel's and tires.. Bridgestone MT/s and Eagle 589's. Well.. I thought this was a great deal.. and I tried my best to come up with the money..
    Then .. I finally come up with the money and Fred tell's me it's Sold !!! [​IMG]
    I was pretty upset.. thought I could finally lift my 89 Blazer for a good price..
    Turn's out... My wife and Fred have been talking.. and she planned to buy it for me for Xmas.. So those two were in ca-hoot's together..
    Guess you can say.. Man I'm sooooo happy... [​IMG] I got my best Xmas present the day I married my wife.. But this ain't bad either.. [​IMG] Thanks Pam (and thanks for understanding
    all about the "truck addiction"..) and again.. Thanks Fred.. aka Derf.. great guy.. and very nice son he's got there..
    His truck... omg !!!! I can't stop raving about his son's truck.. My wife now want's her Tahoe lifted 6 inches and at least 35's after seeing that.. Fred.. we need some more pics of that sweet 90 Jimmy..
    Pleasure doing business with you.. Hope to do more in the future.. Oh yeah.. that's for the killer deal on the 12 bolt .. she'll look great under my 89..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

2. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Re: Thank you\'s: To my Wife and Derf00

Too cool, bro![​IMG] You gotta hang on tight to a woman like that.[​IMG] I know; I speak from experience. Everyone that sees my endless parade of project vehicles asks if my wife (of almost 16 years now) is always pissed at me about all the time and money I spend on them. Truth is, she is always pushing me to hurry up and finish the project so that we can go play with it. Definitely a rare breed of woman.[​IMG]

Merry Christmas, and enjoy your toys.[​IMG]

Oh, and kudos to Derf00 for helping out!

Robb
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>'73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI</a>

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Hahaa! That's a pretty cool deal man! I definetly agree a woman like that is a keeper [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Great story. Derf (from what you can gather from emails, etc.) is a great guy, just proved it again. Right on !

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Fred is a great guy... a little sneaky...[​IMG] just like my wife..
    And I look forward to meeting him again..
    Lift is going in today.. wooo hooo...
    Pam is a keeper.. that's one thing for sure..
    Thanks guy's.. and Merry Xmas.... Happy Holiday's.. to everyone.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Sounds like life in Rocko world is going good. Happy Holidays Rocko and enjoy the new look on the 89. Also it sounds like your wife is a great gal too.[​IMG]

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Rocko,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I would say Pam is a keeper, any wife that tolerates and supports her husbands 4x4 addiction is a keeper, mine included. It is always fun to meet people you have been conversing with on CK5. I hope everything works out for you, and look forward to meeting at the Slab sometime.

You have made three people exceedingly happy by buying the lift, tires ets.. My wife, "can't you find somewhere else to store all that stuff, me, "if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy," and my son, "oh boy, more money to spend on the Jimmy."

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

8. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the family and friends you have surrounding you. Its wonderful to hear that you and Pam can share in this hobby/sport/addiction together.

My g/f cut out a comic from the paper one day and stuck it on the fridge. I will get it scanned this weekend. I think you will appreciate it. She never went four wheeling until she met me. The comic is one of those one square thingys called "Love is...". It has a guy and a gal in a 4x4 and the caption reads... "two by two in a 4x4". It is precious!

I will get it posted and a link attached herein to it tonight or tomorrow. Sounds like you guys, too, have found the perfect match!

Best of luck with that lift install!

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!