Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks 4X4HIGH

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., May 12, 2003.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just wanted to say thanks to Scott, 4X4HIGH for helping me out.
    After breaking a rocker arm on one of my heads that messed up the valve, and then finding a crack on the other head.... It was time to bulid up some new heads.
    I brought Scott some good old '69 041 casting 350 heads I had laying around for a valve job. New hardened seats and valve guides. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (I got those 041 heads from NoSmog73, who got them from RockinK5) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Scott's helped me a ton over the last month or two: Rebuilding my heads, beadblasting an intake manifold making it look brand new, hot tanking my D60 front housing /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Its awsome to meet such smart and helpful people through CK5. Thats what its all about.
    Thanks dude. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

No more puff of smoke when i start up the engine, runs awsome... and maybe i'm crazy but it feels like its got more power now... both down low and on the top end. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 76cc to 64cc heads change it from 8.5:1 to 9.5:1! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Just wanted to say thanks to Scott, 4X4HIGH for helping me out....Scott's helped me a ton over the last month or two...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I figure I owe Scott about 100 favors myself... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ps. Glad to hear you're still running a SBC motor in your K5....... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Ryan B.

Now a question...

I'll need to retorque the head bolts in like 500 miles? So i should back off each bolt and then retorque to 65 or 70 ft/lbs? Considering if you don't back off the bolt a little, the breakaway torque it will take to get that bolt moving will be more than the actual torque?

4. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

No more puff of smoke when i start up the engine, runs awsome... and maybe i'm crazy but it feels like its got more power now... both down low and on the top end. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 76cc to 64cc heads change it from 8.5:1 to 9.5:1! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I went from stock 76cc to 64cc double humps, mild cam, and aluminum intake on the 350 that was in my truck and it made a hell of a difference /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. It had alot more power all the way around.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ryan, whatever you do, DO NOT retorque the heads. The gaskets used today DO NOT require them to be retorqued, doing so may actually create problems.

6. 4X4HIGH

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds about right! I figure I owe Scott about 100 favors myself...

[/ QUOTE ] So Greg, does this mean you will take care of me on my cage before you leave for good? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Ryan B.

Cool deal, one less thing to hassle with. Thanks again dude.

9. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I got those 041 heads from NoSmog73, who got them from RockinK5

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know I thought about it, and I think I want them back now. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sounds about right! I figure I owe Scott about 100 favors myself...

[/ QUOTE ] So Greg, does this mean you will take care of me on my cage before you leave for good? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You won't believe the latest developments "job wise" anyway...I don't want to jinx anything, but there may be more time for that cagework, than I had previously thought!!

Stay Tuned!

11. 4X4HIGH

Ok, spill the beans. Now you're probably going to tell me that you may have a job that is home based in New Hampshire but that it's here locally or something and you won't have to move after all?