Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks again to the ORD crew!!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by TWISTEDJACK, Mar 29, 2004.

1. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We were down in Moab last week and a friends K5 broke the frame around the steering box. I called up ORD and they overnighted one to Moab and called someone local for us to weld it on. Thanks again, without you guys we would probably be still there trying to fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Dirk's the guy to thank, if I remember right, he did the work. It is nice knowing the right people in the right places though.
    You're welcome. Glad it worked out for you.

3. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yup, he helped us out. I knew he was a good person to know when I met him 4 years ago in Moab on an Easter Jeep run. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

I am the one who should be doing the thanking /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. It woulda been a long walk home /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Thanks to Kevin, Dirk and the ORD crew. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Brett

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'll second that. When my locker broke, Stephen got his father to bring one with him to Moab. We didn't manage to find the equipment necessary to install it, but I sure appreciated the effort. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Stephen

This year we had a guy show up with a doubler that was jumping out of gear in the 205, so we (actually the customer and my Dad) dropped the case and found that it had no input bearing at all. The shop that had assembled the kit had not machined the case and put the input bearing in it, so needless to say, it didn't work too well. Luckily we were able to take our display apart to fix him up. Otherwise he was going to drive back to washington right away. And probably pound the guy that assembled his Doubler. Now he's going to wheel a while and then go home and pound the guy that assembled the Doubler.

More Moab adventure.

7. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

thread hijack

just wanted to say thanks to stephen and his brother brandon for putting such a good week together at moab we had a great time.
    jerrod from petersons 4 wheel and offroad even did a feature on my beast last saturday out at the proving grounds. who woulda known /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    cant wait for the next meet I think ill have some shinny paint like dons willys he just got to much attention.

8. Stephen

It was a pretty fun week, good magazine stuff, not so great weather but slick rocks were kind of fun, good company, overall good times. We'll have to do that again.

9. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

No coolant bath in the hot tub this time for Brandon? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Stephen

No, he's pretty religious about his fans now. We got mud baths but that was about it. There was 3-4" of standing water in the bottom so things were a little slicker than last time. Brandon actually sat 3 feet back from the ledge and floored it to get out, I was able to start with my tires just up the ledge a little bit and go from there. It still took 8-10 tries for me to get out. One of those was really close to a roll over but I managed to gas it in reverse just in time. I was doing some deep breathing.

11. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No coolant bath in the hot tub this time for Brandon? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

toby was the only one with any problems in the big tub when he rolled over.
    that pretty much ended our fun there for the day because it started poring down rain for about an hour while we got his blazer running again. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif