Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks and questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MACK5, Jan 21, 2001.

1. MACK5

MACK5 Registered Member

First, I want to thank all of you for this forum and the knowledge I have gained reading it. I recently purchased a 91 K5 in good shape and am trying to sort some of the small problems out. Thats the fun part right? I am not new to 4WD although my experience has been with jeeps. I mostly use these vehicles to drive the Outer Banks of NC. Two questions. How is the quality of LMC seals for the back glass? Would I be better off going to the Dealer?
    Second, I am having problems with my heater. After the truck warms up I will get an occasional whisp of smoke from the vent above the heat/ac control, only when the heat is on. I have dismantled the dash in this area and cannot see any burnt wires. Any ideas? On this model where is the blower motor, inside the cab or under the hood? Thanks.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Blower motor should be under the hood on passenger side. It sticks out of the big box bolted to the firewall. Its near the pass. side hood hinge. As for LMC, read the LMC..not too happy post on this page. This is reason to stick with genuine GM parts. Come on, you have Americas finest ride, why would anybody let a Jap made part go on it?????????

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

The smoke from the vent could be steam, meaning your heater core has a small leak. After driving a while and letting the Blazer warm up good, check under the pass. side carpet, way up. If the floor is wet, it means the heater core has a leak. A coolant smell when you turn on the heat is another hint that the core is bad.

It's about $20 at carparts.com. Installation can give you a hard time if you've never done it before, but it's not that bad. I replaced mine recently.

Hope this helps.

<font color=blue>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A>
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. MACK5

MACK5 Registered Member

I thought it may be a coolant leak, It doesn't exactly smell like coolant but I'll check that. I'll go to the dealer for the seal. Thanks.

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Its kinda hard to stick to GM parts when they don't make them anymore. You gotta take whatever the heck you can get.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

6. MACK5

MACK5 Registered Member

Blazer Boy are you saying the rear window seal is not available from the dealer?