Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks Crawlin70!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Aug 28, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just wanted to post a big thanks to Jeff...
    He's gonna help me out big time by selling me his old TH350...

I was pretty sure all i needed was new clutchs for my TH350 until i got it all apart last night and saw what was wrong...

The thrust washers wore down and grinded apart a lot of stuff... On the foreward clutch drum the thrust washer grinded down the whole groove that retains the snap ring... so basically there is nothing to hold the snap ring now for the spings on that clutch drum.
    The output shaft front thrust bearing got worn through to the point where the input and output shaft were grinding together and boogered the ends of both shafts! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    It looks like i need a new output shaft, and probally a new input shaft as well...

So i need:
    Input Shaft
    Output Shaft
    All thrust washers
    Output shaft front thrust bearing
    Foreward clutch drum
    Planetary case cover
    And a few other parts....

Can you say "I need a whole other tranny"

So thanks to Jeff (Crawlin70) I will have another TH350 with the right output shaft and all the parts should be good and usable... so between the two trannys i should have all the good parts i need.

Thanks Crawlin70 You rock! See ya Sunday for that tranny?

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Right on. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I'm gettin his old 203 from him too. NoSmog is bringin itup for me this weekend. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

yup and he's also getting some parts from nosmog73 for me to pick up as well. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    What a guy. gotta meet this CrawlinJeffDude /forums/images/icons/grin.gif