Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks everyone i got him running *pics*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5dreamer, Nov 27, 2006.

1. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]To everyone who helped me with my no start problem, thanks so much. it took all day cuz im sick as a dog, but all in all im pretty impressed. i still dont have a wait light.... which kinda urks me, but i let it sit for 10 seconds and cranked it, and i dont think it even finished one full crank before it fired up.

also thanks to whoever pointed me towards getting those 1/4in female terminals, but i kinda made my own spin on it.

For anyone who is interested, below are the pics of my little solution. I was a chevy tech, electronics and driveability, and i try to avoid cutting up the factory harness whenever possible, so my solution was as follows.

I took the old glow plugs, used a pair of dykes to cut the flat blade terminal off, at the base, then used a grinder to take off the "stem" it was welded to. then i took some spare, large wire (larger than the factory harness), and the 1/4in flat blade connector. i drilled a hole.... forgot what size exactly, but small, in the old glowplug terminal, threaded the wire through the hole, soddered it in place, and put shrink tubing on it. then crimped the 1/4in blade terminal on the other end. using these pigtails i can run the ASP1110 glowplugs on the factory harness, and can go back to the factory ones should i ever decide without having to do any repairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

oh and for the record, some might think that i did way to much work, and made this repair harder than it should have been, but i took one look at trying to cut, strip, thread, sodder, and shrink tube the harness inside the engine bay, between the block and frame, covered in grease, while i feel like ****. and the two hours it took me to fab up those pigtails, at a workbench, clean, and with plenty of elbow room, no sore back..... i would reccomend the pigtails to anyone looking to do the same thing.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

looks like a nice option, for a time distant in the future. :)

4. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Wish i thought of that when i did mine.