Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks for the help. The lift works great!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Aug 20, 2000.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Today my son and I finished our lift installation. Had it not been for all the great advice I got from this site it would have been a real chore.

We installed the ProComp 4" front springs, rear blocks, 6 RS5000, a steering arm and a stabilizer. The steering arm was the part I dreaded most, since according to all the posts it can be extremely difficult to remove. As soon as we had the Jimmy on the stands I removed the bolts on the steering arm, removed the drag link, and knocked hell out of it about three times. Then I squirted the PB blaster all over it and went on with the rest of the lift. Every know and then I would give it a couple of shots of the PB blaster and give it a couple of whacks. Once the springs were in I went back and started on the arm.

Four or five good shots with the shop hammer and the cones started to move, I tapped it back down and was able to remove the first cone, two more good hits and the other two cones were able to be removed. It didn't take more than 10-15 min to get it off. I am not bragging, just very thankful that I knew what to look for and was able to get it off.

The most difficult part were the shocks. I would like to meet the guy that put the rear, driver's side shock bolt above the gas tank. The best peice of equipment I would recommend to anyone is a cutting torch. Takes care of tough bolts in a heart beat.

Thanks for all the great info or we would still be out in the driveway in 104 degree heat. It really looks great and works fine.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Congratulations! [​IMG] How about some pics, maybe before and after?

[​IMG]

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

nice to see it came out ok...send some pics...and did the rear u-bolt nuts give you any trouble...they did me
    Kelboski

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

The rear u-bolts were the worst. I ended up torching all the u-bolts and both shocks. I thought the installation of the blocks was alot harder than the front springs, but I imagine ever vehicle is different.

5. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

Great! I hope you had fun doing it. I, too, would like to see some pics!

[​IMG]

6. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

Aint this site great. I know a few times Ive been working on my K5 and had to run in and ask a question. Where would we be without it. I would like to see some pics to derf00.
    Im from southern Ar. so I know how you feel in the <font color=red>HEAT</font color=red> Maybe it'll all be over soon.(yeah right)lol

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com