Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Gold Rush, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Have to give a big thanks to GoKarterGo, DuneRunner and DuneRunners Dad. These guys came to Livermore today and helped work on Gold Rush today. After about 10.5 hours the old springs were finally off. Used $43 in Sawzall blades, 8 cutoff wheels and a small torch to get them off. Oh and a lot of sweat. I got the springs hangin and bolts put in them but not tightened down. After 14 hours of workin on her I decided to go home and get some rest, after I write this that is. I'll write more tomorrow after I get it finished.

lift pic

one more pic

David

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yea, Where is the picture of me with the torch...Also forgot to say thank you to you and Mrs. Goldrush for lunch..

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Cool glad to see she is coming along...LOL mike

4. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Your welcome for the grub. Shay said that she slaved over a hot stove all morning to make us that lunch. I don't believe her. Now that I'm refreshed I'll go back over to the shop and fight the U-Bolts. They gave me an hours worth of grief last night before I gave up and came home. Considering I got to the shop at 8:30 A.M. and left at 11:00 P.M. It was time to go home last night.

When I was lifting the truck the e-brake cables were in the way so I disconnected them and kept lifting. You know trying to get the springs to come off the spring pads so I could line up the pins, I kept lifting. Not even thinking twice about the brake line, cause it's a 6" lift SS braided line and has tons of extra length, I kept lifting. This thing is INSANE!! The brake line snapped cause I figured it had tons of extra length and didn't even look over at it until I heard it snap.

Also had to remove the shocks from their lower mounts so I could get full droop. Can't believe that even after I did the shock mount relocation and have 11" travel shocks mounted inboard. One of the pictures shows my 3 cell Mag light under the front wheels and the rear are still on the ground!!!

I put some pictures here

David

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

David, what did you find was wrong with your tow rig after BF?

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

The tranny had a blown out gasket. I took it out and had everything checked out inside and they replaced all the gaskets for $120. All the bearings and synchro's were fine.

David