Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks Stephen.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Ryan B., Jul 14, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just wanted to say thanks to Stephen...
    I just got off the phone ordering up my Hi-steer arms so i can get my ram up and out of the way of those rocks..
    He spent a good amount of time giving me tips and hints when i convert to hi-steer.. I thought i was just going to be ordering these arms, but i got some great customer service and advice during the phone call also. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Also talked a while about the prefab'd coilover/ 4link kit they're working on and hope to have available this year.

So thanks for taking the time out of your day to make the difference and give some advice and helpful tips along with a great product. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

We missed ya at blazerfest this year... Maybe next year! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I sure hope to be there next year, this time just wouldn't work at all, way to much happening here for me to be gone for a week. I did break my wife in on the idea that we could come out there and call it a vacation....
    If she goes for it, I'm set!

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Your son probably would have been swimming in the mud pit up to his neck along with all the other kids this year. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I have one more question for ya...
    You mentioned i could get away with going from an 8" long ram to a 6" long ram when i go to hi steer..
    The way i was told i need to adjust it was so that the ram bottoms out about 1/4" or so before the stops on the knuckles...
    Now if i go to histeer and keep my 8" ram, aren't the knuckle stops going to be bottoming out first, and the ram will be putting a bunch of force against the knuckle and stop when turned to full lock, hence trying to break the knuckle!? Do i need to go to a 6" ram now or will the 8" be okay?

Thanks.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The cylinder should stop pushing when the box stops turning so it shouldn't be a big deal. Just set the stroke so that the rod is in as much as possible (the ram should be fully collapsed when it's turned the compression direction) to keep the rod stabilized as much as possible and you should be fine.
    We need to do some more work on it but it's looking like a 2x5 ram could be the ideal for the highsteer assist.