Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks to the cop that nailed the road-rager

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 13, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Thumbs up to the PD... They pulled this lady over doing 75 in a 45 zone...I know cause she was following me...

I was on the motorcycle doing a little finger-freezing joyriding, and came up behind a slower moving built 4x4 (:thumb: ), so just cruised a little behind it (about the speed limit), since I couldn't pass it anyway.
    A lady that was further behind me earlier started riding my arse, and when we came to a light, she practically bumped my back tire. I could see the wrinkles on her face in my mirror. I kept my cool, just got wary of her... She was mad about something or arguing with her passenger, kept slamming her hand on the dash and looked like she was talking loudly and angrily.
    She did this for about 3-4 miles, at one point coming a little alongside me at a light (took a little restraint not to kick her parking lens out), then the 'yota turned in to a gas station, and I took off just to get away from her.
    I got way out of sight of her, and the road opened up to two lanes at a light. I stopped, traffic piled up a little waiting there, and I saw her pull up in the other lane. The light changed, I followed traffic, then got into the next lane when it was empty, and took off again. Mind you I did maybe 10 over the limit every time, and speed of traffic cluster was probably ten under.
    Another 2-3 miles and a few more lights, and I could swear I saw her again, this time in my lane, behind me, coming up fast. She had to do some serious manuevering if it really was her, so I figured I'm getting the frig away. I opened up the throttle and looked down to see me doing 70... :eek1: :eek: :yikes: And she's still coming up, plenty of room to pass me, yet not passing me... :screwy: 75...80...
    All of a sudden the flashing red lights come on behind me. I'm thinking "Aw sheet, I thought it was the nut, but I was running from a cop!" (keep in mind, it looked like she was coming up on me while traffic was moving, so I couldn't get a clear enough view to know it was NOT a cop before I opened up).
    I flip on my signal, start slowing down looking for a decent patch of shoulder to pull over in, and I notice her car break away from the lights to pull over... :D :D
    Turns out they were behind her, but so close I thought it was her car with the flashing lights.
    I flip on my other signal, and cruise off into the night... :cool1: :cool1:

I couldn't friggin believe it!! This psycho was doing 75 on this road!! I normally get a little edgy around 50 in the car on that road, too many hidden driveways and turnouts.

So :waytogo: to the cop that nailed this nut. I would've stayed or gone back just to compliment him and buy him a box of Krispy Kreme (it happened in front of there), but I, uh, don't really want my license being run right now... :whistle: And, technically, I was speeding pretty bad, too, even if it was out of fear of my back tire being hit by a bumper...

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Right on!
    Man I get really tired of people not checking their messed up emotions at the car door. some people are like jekle and hyde when the get behind the wheel. :rolleyes:

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm glad it turned out good. We just had a road rage incident a couple of days ago not far from where I am turn really bad for everyone involved.

Some cranked up piece of garbage was harassing women out on the road and finally picked the wrong one to mess with. About all is known for fact right now is that she made it home and inside, husband (cop, don't know the guy though) came out, confronted the guy and the husband is laid up in the hospital after being ran over by the vehicle and the bad guy will spend the rest of his life as a ****ed up piece of whale crap in a wheel chair. The cop will live, but was seriously injured.....................

4. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

did he shoot the guy or something? why is the bad guy in a wheel chair?

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yup, shots were fired. The round took out the scrot's spine........................

6. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Ouch....

Im waiting for the day when a road rager takes a shot at me... Whenever I have someone on my ass I slow down, tap my brakes, box them in... do whatever I can to make their day that much worse. I guess I just dont understand the hurry, but I guess not everyone gets paid to drive around :rolleyes:

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Doesn't beat the one in San Antonio where a lady (a mom) with 2 kids in her car got shot 4 times in the head because she was going "too slow" on the highway. The guy followed her all the way to her house. When she stopped, he walked up to the window and shot her.

8. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Wow, can't beat those horrid stories, but here's one a little funny. Some loser tailed my brother-in-law I think 'cause he wasn't going fast enough over the speed limit. So they pull up to a two lane intersection, and my brother-in-law just looks over at the guy and shakes his head, then the guy starts yellin and flippin him off, then shows him a gun. The light turns green, and he peels out, but now my brother-in-law is pissed so he follows him, and calls the cops on his cell phone to report the guy. He follows him until the cops show up. Then watches as they pull the guy over, set up behind their cars and call him out on the megaphone, then throw him to the ground. Turns out the guy is a punk new prison guard flashing his newly issued gun. :eek1: My brother-in-law used to be a prison guard, so that just adds a little more irony. It was nice to know that he might be demoted or lose his job plus be arrested as a bonus. ;)

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I knew a guy in school who suffered from RR bad. No control at all. He got mad at an "old man" one day for some raeson that he could not really remember, got out of his car at a red light and kicked the crap out of the driver's side of the old man's car. Must have scared him good, the old man gut shot him twice. Turns out the "old man" was an off duty sheriff. :doah:

10. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

About 12 years ago I was living in Charlotte, NC with a room mate. The room mate was a friend and one day we were headed home on the Interstate. At this time I-77, which goes through Charlotte was being widen. My friend was driving has Geo Metro ( yeah, it sucked, but got 40+ mpg) and we were in the left lane. We look behind us and saw a BMW flying up behind us way over the speed limit. The BMW started flashing its lights and riding our bumper. We saw there was a line of cars in the right hand lane so we sped up to pass 6-7 cars and move to the right lane. Being we are in a Geo Metro, this takes a bit of work. The guy in the BMW is still right on our bumper flashing his headlights. So after a minute or two we pull to the right lane. Then this guy pulls up besides us and starts screaming and throwing a fit. Up to this point we have been cool about this whole thing. Then he crossed the line and pulled out a pistol and waved it around.

Well, the funny part is we were on the way home from the local indoor firing range. My friend looked and me as I looked at him and we picked up the two pistols we had been firing. The guy in the BMW had a small 9mm. My friend was hold his Cowboy Cannon 45LC revolver and I had my S&W 629 44Mag. The dude in the BMW eyes bug out to the size of tennis balls and he takes off ,fast!

We just laughed and turn off at our exit to go on home. I guest we may have helped that guy realize you have to be carefull which people you try to intimidate.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :bow: :haha: If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Since when did this sick crap turn into some kind of competition??????????????

13. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I have found the best cure for road rage is drifting into someones lane. Obviously this only works if you have the larger vehicle, but I drive a crewcab so I dwarf most anyone. You dont even have to look at them, just start sliding over, they'll get the point.