Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanks to Zakk, 70~K5, Savage1 and Ryan B.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Just wanted to thanks everyone for coming over and helping install the D60, without your help I would have probably given myself a hernia lugging the thing around. I probably would have gotten it done in half the time too, but it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW, Zakk has mad Sawzall skills, and Bruce has lots of tools that fit large fasteners. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Rod has... errrrr, really big tires. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Ryan showed up late, so I am not certain what his skills consist of, although he did get motivated to go work on his own 60 after seeing mine go in./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Just so you guys know, the truck did start up once the battery was charged up, I ran it up to operating temp this morning and it purred like a kitten, even on 2 year old gas... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif</font color>

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Glad to help Evan. I just brought the big tools that everyone doesn't have. Even then I left the real big stuff at home. I've got a 1" impact gun at 1400 ftlbs of torque etc. But then I'd have to bring the big compressor to run it too. And the 3/4" drive torque wrench only cost me $200.00 used. Better than the $600.00 that snap-on wants for it new. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

The 60 looked good bolted up. The extra time you spent in prepping shows, everything looked real nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I didn't want to butt in, you guys had everything under control /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So how did those uber spring plates and lift blocks look in the back? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Major Beef /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Not to mention the Bling Bling factor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

as the offical Beer Drinker of the now infamous Shaggy D60 Install Party, i declare the install a success!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Usually i'm a lot more helpful, but i was loaded down with turkey and pumpkin pie. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Yeah, um i shaved my 14FF some more when i got home, and worked on the 60 also. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jason, we've got to talk man. I want some of those u bolt plates for the rear also. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Don't think i want any blocks, but the plates are BEEF! Drilled with the offset hole also for the rockjunkies spring perches just like Evan has. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    PM me with your price. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Ryan B.

How many visits to Evans bathroom did Zakk make?
    Man that beer seemed to be coming outta him faster than he could choke it down. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That's cool, Ryan, not like there was a lcak of help there, any more help and we would have been tripping over each other. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You like the plates, eh? Those things are so damn pimp, normally I'm not into the bling bling factor, but I couldn't bear to put paint on them, they were just too damn purty. After putting the stock plates on up front and watching the passenger side one look like a smiley face after torquing down the nuts, I want another set of Uberplates to replace those ones too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

10. Ryan B.

...Yeah, and i think Zakk was tripping over everyone enough as it was. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Oh yeah, did i say just the rear plates? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I meant for the front also.

So when you fab up some front plates for Evan... make 2. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, Zakk was putting them away pretty good! Normally I'd be keeping up with him, but I'm not big on crawlin around under 2 ton trucks with a 6 pack in me. I probably woulda done something really stoopid. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif </font color>

12. Ryan B.

I thought yer 1 ton now!?
    OH wait.... 1ton front + 1 ton rear must= 2 ton truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    If yer truck fell off the jackstands, Rod was there to lift it up off of you. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I was actually referring more to the total weight of the whole truck, which is actually probably closer to 6000 pounds now... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

life starts after a 6 pack!

that is a good way to not care how your fenders get trimmed. have a few drinks, break out the powertools, and start chopping /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. Ryan B.

I know... I was just giving ya a hard time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif