Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thanks Waxer.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Jun 3, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

now that you mentioned that, i can tell you my sending unit is shot and needs to be replaced. i've known this since i bought it, the gauge is all screwed up due to the sending unit. that may very well be my problem. thanks for bringing that to my attention. my 84 does just that, and it is getting worse. it runs fine at low speeds, but begins to die when i give it good juice.........idles fine, most of the time,exept a couple of times this week when i went to crank it and it acted as if it were getting no gas. what you said sounds on the money. we'll see.
    thanks.....Kelboski......84K5

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

No problem, As soon as I read about your problem, my former problem came to mind. What did us K5'ers do before we had internet access to a great site like this? They were really roughin it werent they. Salute to all you old timers!!! j/k