Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thanx Stephen!!!!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by K5 NUTT, Mar 25, 2001.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Azblazer here...the lift took a little longer than expect as a couple spring eye bolts were bent a the blue wrench had to come out along with the air hammer...but we just used the old HD shackle bushings and away we went. She is lookin good! Did some minor testing yesterday and it looks like the rear pack will need the revolver shackles for some articulation like the velvet rides gave me....and i'm gonna have to borrow my buds saz-all to remove some sheet metal for the front tires...lol. Can also feel the loss of HP with the 35's but we are startin the TBI swap next weekend so it ought to net us the lost ponies. Will do a dyno run at the shop before and after to see what the real figures look like. Thanx once again Stephen..hats off to ya bud. Looks like all i'm lackin now is the R4...which i have a core...and of course the doubler!

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Glad it worked, let me know what your buddy needs when you get to it.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

So far we have the 73 stripped to the shell....which we will remove theis weekend...then out comes the motor...sold for $350. Then he is having the complete frame sand blasted...at that point it will be time to build the frame up and he is going to go all ORD parts...tryin to talk him into a doubler while everything is wide open...lol.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

4. Stephen

Wide open is the best time to do major stuff. If you have a good goal in mind on the project, you're better off doing it all right the first time, especially with expensive stuff like axles and t-cases.

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Major setback suffered. Project 73 is being scrapped. Had her all stripped down today and we were ready to remove the body...but the cancer was worse than we thought...it goes up under the dash and ate the door winshield post...found a complete tub but the yard wanted $800 for it..to much. So i think he is going to sell the rolling chassis and start again.

DW

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

6. Stephen

perfect timing for a bummer body or an s-truck cab......

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Belive me...we've made a few suggestions to no avail...lol. The latest idea is building a tube upper frame on her....lol...but the body did come off today...2 of us couldn't do it nicely so it went over sideways...lol. Actually if i had more poop in my sail i think we coulda done it without rolling it off the side ( helped a friend in scottsdale earlier in the day fit a 12 foot tall by 5 foot front door..whew). Anyways the chassis is really clean except the darn gear box area we will have to fix. And BTW...if you remember Big Bob from the run...we are both pushing him to do the doubler...lol. Gonna hang the 4" springs this week and then its gonna get totally sandblasted before we go anyfarther...once the chassis is done we will look far and near for a cherry as we can find 73 tub....he really wants a full convertable...makes me jealous...lol. Oh well i allready have 2 K5's and thats enough for me... Talk at ya later. Oh ya...i noticed that Dana 44 under that 73 has a flat top knuckle on the passenger side..and the x-over steering has been talked about allready...lol.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Hey Doug, what are you doing with your Velvet Rides that were/are on your truck? Looks like you don't have them with your new 6" lift?????????? Whassup?

In case you have them, I want to buy them off you........doing the 4" Tuff Country all spring lift soon...........real soon. Have the D60 already, just need to do a little work on it, and wait for the 14FF to arrive and away we go.........new SSR's (35") on 16" wheels........blah, blah, blah.

Talk to me!

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

9. Daves73Blazer

Daves73Blazer Newbie

Hi stephen this is Dave.Doug blew up his computer hehehe.The 73 project truck is up and going.All power train is being pulled minus axles for a soda blasting this weekend.Late model power plant with serp set up and TBI is mind.4" lift and 33"s go on after frame is recoated with a rust and corosive inhibiter. Doug should be back up soon.